Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSc in Business & Entrepreneurship - DT353

• 24-04-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am a recent graduate of mechanical engineering and seeking to transform into the business world.

This particular course has struck me due to the fact that it is specifically geared for science, IT and engineering students. The modules of study appear to be quite applicable to business type engineering roles in terms of product development, finance strategy etc, you can see the list here:

[Wont let me post URLs, PM me i guess if you would like to view]

In terms of my career, I am setting out to study a business masters in order to hopefully get a business role at an engineering firm and maybe further down the line start my own company.

This course seems well suited to achieve my aims but I havent heard a lot about this course and have a few concerns that I hope you may be able to help me with?

1. Has anyone here done this course or heard of someone who did this course? It would be great to know how people got on with finding a job, starting a job if that is the case, and just general opinions.

2. How credible/recognised is this course when I graduate and seeking employment? Is there a way of finding out what past alumni of this course have gone on to do?

3. Can anyone vouch for the course material? It appears to fully equip you with all the knowledge from getting a product off the ground into production. It also appears quite mathematical which is what I hope.

I really like the structure of this course and I hope it is the right course for me. A lot of the other business courses I have looked at are quite marketing/HR/Sales based which is not what I would like to get into specifically.

If anyone has any other opinions about this course please be so kind as to share them with me?

Thanks for your help, hopefully I can make the right decision with some guidance.

Advertisement