Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leeda Profil fly reel 5/6 weight

• 24-04-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

This is the reel that I am buying with my fly rod and I would like to know how much backing I could put on it?I fish a loch with brownies with the odd 2 lb trout.There is also sea trout in the lake and I want to be prepared in the event that I accidentely catch one.I am getting double taper fly line and for the second spool weight forward sinking line.I will mostly be using the floating line.I would like to know how much leader could go on it for trout fishing.I also fish stocked rainbows occasionally.

This is the reel: http://www.fishingmegastore.com/leeda-profil-fly-reel~4177.html

Tight Lines,
    MadDog1999

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

75 meters is fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

75 meters is fine...

Thanks and just so you know I ordered 2 of the shakespeare rods you suggested to me on fishingmegastore.com

Tight Lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

75 meters is fine...

What I usually do is fill the reel in reverse, i.e. reel in the fly line and then add backing on top until the reel is nicely filled, then you have the ideal length of backing for a properly filled reel when you reverse them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Being honest maddog given the exchange rates at present you might be better off shopping locally. Could be worth calculations before buying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

SeaFields wrote: »
    Being honest maddog given the exchange rates at present you might be better off shopping locally. Could be worth calculations before buying anything.

I already ordered the rods.

• Advertisement
Advertisement