Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block mobile phones legally?

Options
  • 24-04-2015 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have been asked about looking into blocking mobile phones in a certain area of a building. Looking on the internet there are plenty of Jammers but my understanding is these are illegal. Is there any legal way off blocking phones legally? I did find a company in the US that supply devices that sounds an alarm and beacon when a signal is detected, which might work. But if there was a legal way to block phones it would be better.
    TIA
    Poco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Faraday cage? Difficult to get right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Thanks, not really practical in the area I want to get the phone blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The ONLY legal method to actively block the signal is to have ALL three cellular operators install jammers for their own networks, or give you permission to do so on their behalf.

The other option is lead lining or a farady cage, not simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Thanks.

Advertisement