Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bikes being cycled on the footpath?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Is there any Culchie Bikes being ridden on pavements in Dublin ?

Oh yeah, Dubliners always get the blame.
    Those Culchie bikes never do anything wrong !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

beauf wrote: »
    Probably on a different route.

Some locations have such abysmal layout and design to they actually increase the amount of crossing of cyclists and pedestrians. The quays from IFSC to the point are a perfect example. The cycle lane is psychotic, and puts pedestrians and cyclists in each others path constantly. Phoenix Park another. Lots of points along the Grand Canal cycle route from Rathmines to Mount Street.

If any of these routes where so dangerous to cause a casual observer to see 10 pedestrian cyclists accidents they would be causing so many they would be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

i am not talking about one day this is over the years.

I am all over the city and could be anywhere around and I see a hell of a lot of things.

i am not talking about one day this is over the years.

I am all over the city and could be anywhere around and I see a hell of a lot of things.

How many years?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How many years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I see a hell of a lot of things.

I see dead people.

Well, they might as well be zombies from the way they breeze out across cycle lanes and the inside bit of the road, all iPodded up without so much as a glance in the direction of the cyclist.

So .5 to 1 incident a year , this madness needs to stamped out and should be top of the national agenda :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

So .5 to 1 incident a year , this madness needs to stamped out and should be top of the national agenda :rolleyes:

While cars kill 200 people each year and maim thousands of others.

Advertisement