Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Semi tickets

• 24-04-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Looks like I'll be in Barcelona for the first leg of their champions league semi-finals and am desperate to get tickets. Does anyone know how/where I could get tickets in advance? Don't really want to chance getting tickets outside the stadium on the day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You'll get them on the day in Barca but expect to pay. I was over in Jan and it was €15 to see them play Elche in the Copa Del Ray during the week. They were also playing A.Madrid on the Sunday and the cheapest ticket was €120.

They have stalls selling tickets in La Rambla

http://www.viagogo.ie/Sports-Tickets/Football/UEFA-Champions-League/UEFA-Champions-League-2014-15-Tickets/E-981471

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

RasTa wrote: »
    You'll get them on the day in Barca but expect to pay. I was over in Jan and it was €15 to see them play Elche in the Copa Del Ray during the week. They were also playing A.Madrid on the Sunday and the cheapest ticket was €120.

They have stalls selling tickets in La Rambla

http://www.viagogo.ie/Sports-Tickets/Football/UEFA-Champions-League/UEFA-Champions-League-2014-15-Tickets/E-981471

Cheers, main reason I was hoping to get them in advance was to control what I'm paying for them and that I'd need to change my flight to an earlier one. I'd probably pay the €120 but not much more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You obviously don't buy tickets for big games much, cos 120 euro to watch barca v bayern in a CL semi is cheap.

NIMAN wrote: »
    You obviously don't buy tickets for big games much, cos 120 euro to watch barca v bayern in a CL semi is cheap.

For a game in the UK or Ireland it is but I've no idea what ticket prices in Barcelona are like. I was purely basing that on what the previous poster had said about the Atletico game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

I got tickets to the same semi final a good few years back the day of the game, you need your passport on you though to get tickets. This is going back a few years so thins could have changed since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

There was plenty of tickets for the game vs PSG available on the their official website. A friend was contemplating going over. Id imagine the demand for tickets will be higher for this game alright but you should keep an eye on it anyway. Id say you should be able to get tickets for €120 from somewhere if you look hard enough!

Cheers for the replies, all hope is not lost yet. I can probably afford to go to around €150 for the tickets, I also have to factor in the cost of changing flights to my own budget. Haven't seen them up on the Barcelona website as of yet but I'll keep an eye on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

dceire wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies, all hope is not lost yet. I can probably afford to go to around €150 for the tickets, I also have to factor in the cost of changing flights to my own budget. Haven't seen them up on the Barcelona website as of yet but I'll keep an eye on it.

The game is the Wednesday 6th of may?

symbolic wrote: »
    The game is the Wednesday 6th of may?

I've just checked and you're correct. It was down on the UEFA website as being on the 5th earlier today; turns out I won't have to change flights afterall :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

there was 270,000 applications for the Bayern Home semi final, and that before it was known that the opponent was Barcelona! Thats way off the scale, but is indicative of the demand for a semi compared to previous rounds.

So, presuming theres similar interest in Barcelona, you wont be the only person looking for a ticket and I'd expect prices to be steep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

dceire wrote: »
    I've just checked and you're correct. It was down on the UEFA website as being on the 5th earlier today; turns out I won't have to change flights afterall :D

Everywhere I looked today had different dates. Even the barca website had a different date on the list view than when you clicked into it.

The champions league website has updated since this morning. It has switched the dates for both games and added kick-off times. My budget for tickets is definitely more flexible if it's on the 6th and I don't have to switch flights. Obviously they're going to be in demand and not cheap but I'm willing to do the legwork to get them.

Advertisement