Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to add a powerline adaptor

Options
  • 24-04-2015 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

I currently use a powerline adaptor to carry my Internet signal to a smart TV upstairs.

I now want to also add it to a second TV, so need one additional plug.

I am wondering if I buy a spare plug, does it have to be same brand and indeed speed as the other 2 I already own?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭techdiver

NIMAN wrote: »
    Hi all

I currently use a powerline adaptor to carry my Internet signal to a smart TV upstairs.

I now want to also add it to a second TV, so need one additional plug.

I am wondering if I buy a spare plug, does it have to be same brand and indeed speed as the other 2 I already own?

Thanks.

As long as the plug adheres to the Powerline Standard (IEEE 1901) they should interoperate without issue.

One point to note is that running an extra point could degrade the overall signal. it's variable though and difficult to say with any certainty as it is based on distance and cable quality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thanks for that.

Advertisement