Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Level 5 - BTEA and funding?

Options
  • 22-04-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

posted this elsewhere on boards but have no reply yet.

im a mature student (24) doing my leaving cert. im looking to go and do a course after it but most courses in my local area seem to be fetac level 5. as far as i know, youre only eligable for back to school allowance if youre going up a level each year. so i assume im not eligable for any btea payments if i choose a level 5 course?

im limited in choices with level 6 courses so im hoping there is an exception with the leving cert counting toward what i explained above.

*year two of the course would be a level 6 but its option to do. not sure if that makes a difference*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Moved this here for you Marky, I think there might be a better chance of a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

spurious wrote: »
    Moved this here for you Marky, I think there might be a better chance of a reply.

Thanks spurious. I never noticed this section before.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pos087

I'm currently doing a fetac level 5 and reserving btea. I have a feeling social welfare class plc as progression so you should be able to qualify for btea. A quick phone call to welfare office would clear this up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

FETAC QQI level 5 is generally considered progression for the purposes of both the BTEA and the grant from SUSI so you should be ok if you are progressing from LC to level 5.

Advertisement