Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ordered from Amazon recently?

Options
  • 24-04-2015 3:19pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Quick question about Amazon(.co.uk) delivery of computer parts. How did they ship it to you? I had a friend who had a thing go missing as it was sent regular post rather than courier, so was just wondering if regular post is still their way or what?

Thank you kindly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Depends on what you order.

I bought a few parts, picked super saver, and they came via An Post standard.

Then I bought a graphics card worth 450, and still I picked super saver and it also came via An Post, but required a signature.

then I bought another few bits, picked super saver again, and it came via a courier and required a signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not computer parts, but got a few bits from Amazon not too long ago (Christmas, and since Christmas), but got everything via Royal Mail and then Parcel Motel, as I find it easier to get the stuff, as I find AnPost either A)gives you a slip saying you can collect your stuff, or B)leaves €800 of computer bits behind a potted plant, and closes your porch door!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

if it's "fulfilled by amazon" then it's shipped to a centre outside of Dublin and then via anPost to you. contact amazon, you will get a replacement free of charge.

if it wasn't fulfilled by amazon then you're out of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Got a gpu from them. An post fcuked me about till I made a formal complaint.

Gpu magically appeared as if out of tin air.

Only consolation I can say is amazon were cool about the whole thing. Giving me lots of options. Hopefully that was just my bad luck that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've only ordered a couple of things from them so far this year. Most arrived on time. One (a HOTAS) took about three weeks to get here, which is the longest by far of any super saver delivery I've had. Most were the standard 3-ish days though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cool, thanks for the help folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I have ordered a lot of parts from Amazon over the last 2 or so years, and I've only ever had one issue with them - I ordered an AMD AM1 motherboard from them and they shipped be an Intel board instead. Whether out of error or not I don't know.

But they changed it and sent me the correct motherboard no problem.

Advertisement