Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARD Key

Options
  • 24-04-2015 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for my Eircom ARD Key. How do I find this out?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

squishey wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for my Eircom ARD Key. How do I find this out?

Cheers
    Hi squishey

I can confirm that eircom no longer require Ard Keys to reactivate telephone lines and as a result do not provide Ard keys.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

Hi Al,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you then confirm to me how we go about getting the actual location of our phone line so we can sign up to a provider? What information can you supply that will allow us to sign up? Is there someone in Eircom Networks that I need to talk to specifically?

We live in a town land and so don't have a specific number or name on this house. The last owner had cancelled their phone line before we had moved in but there was a dial tone at the time. The cable from the road to the house was only recently replaced and now it seems the line is not even connected at the exchange! When the line was replaced it was not connected to the internal wiring of the house so the phone point in the house is dead and I have just tested the voltage and there is no 50v DC showing on any of the blue, white, green or black cables. So we can't ring the 199000 number to find out details.

Cheers

Hi Al,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you then confirm to me how we go about getting the actual location of our phone line so we can sign up to a provider? What information can you supply that will allow us to sign up? Is there someone in Eircom Networks that I need to talk to specifically?

We live in a town land and so don't have a specific number or name on this house. The last owner had cancelled their phone line before we had moved in but there was a dial tone at the time. The cable from the road to the house was only recently replaced and now it seems the line is not even connected at the exchange! When the line was replaced it was not connected to the internal wiring of the house so the phone point in the house is dead and I have just tested the voltage and there is no 50v DC showing on any of the blue, white, green or black cables. So we can't ring the 199000 number to find out details.

Cheers
    Hi squishey

On a whole eircom cannot assist you in connecting to another provider however there should be no need as the provider you have chosen should have a wholesale agreement with eircom where upon they take your details and arrange reconnection between yourself and eircom wholesale.
    From the looks of things it seems you need a full line installation and I'm afraid not all providers have this agreement with eircom - ultimately meaning some providers can only take over existing service & reactivate lines already installed/wired.

I can confirm eircom will only require your general area to arrange a line installation however if you do decide to order ordered through eircom this comes with a line rental contract of 12 months (which of course can be bundles with a call plan or broadband plan) - if interested pleasde contact eircom sales on free phone 1800503303 or contact WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

What you are telling is that when your engineer (as you are not distinguishing Eircom Wholesale from Eircom) came to fix the broken line in the house, due to the fact that at the time he did not re-connect the line to the house internals (as it had been previously) and also seems to have disconnected it at the exchange, we now have to have a full line installation done (which I assume comes with a charge) and also have no other option but to sign up to Eircom for a year? I thought there was no longer a phone provider monopoly in Ireland but obviously I was mistaken!

On the assumption you can't take an official complaint here - can you confirm where I can make an official complaint to Eircom about this issue so I can pass it on to Comreg?

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Alan,

What you are telling is that when your engineer (as you are not distinguishing Eircom Wholesale from Eircom) came to fix the broken line in the house, due to the fact that at the time he did not re-connect the line to the house internals (as it had been previously) and also seems to have disconnected it at the exchange, we now have to have a full line installation done (which I assume comes with a charge) and also have no other option but to sign up to Eircom for a year? I thought there was no longer a phone provider monopoly in Ireland but obviously I was mistaken!

On the assumption you can't take an official complaint here - can you confirm where I can make an official complaint to Eircom about this issue so I can pass it on to Comreg?

Regards
    Hi squishy
    not really, we did not have access to any of the information you provided above. To make an official complaint to Comreg you just need to log this with Comreg. If you have placed an order with other provider they will open a complaint for you and they can request this to be investigated. eircom would be obliged to advise on this. If you place an order with eircom we will also be happy to have this issue raised and investigated. If you wish to open a complaint around line provision you can call our 1901 number but without order details, account or line details they may not be able to open this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Alan,

Regards
    Hi squishey
    I can confirm that a case has been opened on this and notes do state that CABLE DOWN ON THE DRIVEWAY. This will be taken on by technical crew and resolved. There has been a delay in resolving this and I can see that techs had done work there on 14/04.
    I have asked for update and we will pass on any further information we receive.
    Tony 

Hi Alan,

Regards
    Hi squishey
    I can confirm that a case has been opened on this and notes do state that CABLE DOWN ON THE DRIVEWAY. This will be taken on by technical crew and resolved. There has been a delay in resolving this and I can see that techs had done work there on 14/04.
    I have asked for update and we will pass on any further information we receive.
    Tony 
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply and for looking into this for me.

Cheers

Hi,

Has there been any update on this?

Cheers

So 12 days later and I am still waiting for an update. I can confirm last night that I again tested the external line to the exchange and there is still no connection!

What do I have to do to get a phone line simply fixed correctly?

So 12 days later and I am still waiting for an update. I can confirm last night that I again tested the external line to the exchange and there is still no connection!

What do I have to do to get a phone line simply fixed correctly?
    Apologies for the delays squishey - I'll follow up on this and see if there has been any updates. I'll get back to you as soon as I can (should be by this evening)

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Do you have any update for me?

Hi Alan,

Do you have any update for me?
    Hi squishey

Can you please PM me your mobile contact number and I'll call?

Thanks
    Al

Hi,

PM sent

Hi,

PM sent
    Hi squishey

The number you PM'd me does not seem to work, are you sure it's the correct one?

Thanks!
    Al

Hi,

Just checked the PM and that is the correct mobile number

So now 17 days and counting to get an update on having my phone line fixed correctly!

So now 17 days and counting to get an update on having my phone line fixed correctly!
    Hi squishey

The amount of information we can access about lines ordered by other providers is quite limited however I will try calling you within the next few minutes to explain further.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Appreciate the call and the information. Will be back to let you know how we get on.

Cheers

Hi Alan,

Appreciate the call and the information. Will be back to let you know how we get on.

Cheers
    No worries squishey

I'm happy to help where I can

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement