Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect Irish Water bill.

Options
  • 24-04-2015 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

I just want to warn people about this. Most probably know but maybe some people don't.
    I got a bill today from irish water for €64 but it should only have been €32 as we only have one service.
    Most people living in rural areas only have the one service as they have their own septic tank and even though I put this on the application form they still billed for two so beware.
    If you ring them they will change it.

There is more about it here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

I got a bill like that too, chucked it in the fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,626 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I got a bill for €64, but accept that its technically correct of them as I never returned the original application form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

It's a ruse to force you to register, I got the same and have my own septic tank. Register and the bill will be halved. Sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,626 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its not really a ruse, everyone will get billed whether they register or not. Like me.

I always intended to pay for my water and have no issue with it, just never got round to sending in the form as they were forever pushing out the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

while i have no problem saying Irish Water its setting up etc is being handled abysmally... but question for the burn the bills folks

the general argument is we pay through are taxes, well...
    all those who live in areas with no mains supply (water or foul) and have pumped thousands into wells, group water schemes, septic tanks etc. Why should they pay for your water?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

overshoot wrote: »
    the general argument is we pay through are taxes, well...
    all those who live in areas with no mains supply (water or foul) and have pumped thousands into wells, group water schemes, septic tanks etc. Why should they pay for your water?

The same reason that those of us who live in areas with no rail link, no motorways and no public transport pay taxes for all of those things (and many more things we get no benefit from).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

echo beach wrote: »
    The same reason that those of us who live in areas with no rail link, no motorways and no public transport pay taxes for all of those things (and many more things we get no benefit from).
    In the case of a measurable product, water, then those with wells and septic shouldn't have to pay. That is just plain stupid to expect them to, but then again the government are just plain greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Guys, I don't want come across as a killjoy here but please bear in mind that the forum charter states that issues relating to Donegal only are up for discussion. Irish Water and its billing system isn't exclusive to Donegal but is a national issue. There is a mega thread in the politics forum to discuss these matters.

Advertisement