Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADER'S CORNER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

jpboard1 wrote: »
    What do you think the reasons are?[/QUOTE

I will not be wasting anymore of my time on you.

??

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Is everyone in here trying to time the market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Define time the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Is everyone in here trying to time the market?

Of coarse ,to an extent anyway ,some more than others,some of the guys on here are day trading/scalping ,the longer the time frame your trading,the less critical timing/entry/exits are !

I really need to improve my entry/exit. My trades are profitable enough in general but my technical execution needs improvement big time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

Still short light crude since 5995.00 and again 5500.00/5000.00/4800.00,it closed yesterday evening at 4417.00, this one trade has given me nearly 4000 points , which has turned this into one of my best years ever , and has reinforced my belief in medium term trading rather than scalping , enjoy the weekend guys 😀😀😀

Russia oil company rosneft is planning to increase oil production.
    America is planning to lift export ban and sell to Mexico.
    OPEC are keeping production level up.
    A serious game of chicken being played....a Mexican stand off so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

anybody got an interest in Providence resources?

Price is falling off a cliff for these guys. Down from a high of 8.52 a few years back to 0.19 on fridays close.

I know falling oil prices dont help these guys, but I cant see 19c being a reasonable valuation. Also you'd be fairly f*cked off if you put in money on their recent issue (IIRC it was 36c a share).

anybody got a view on where the price is going?

I'm seeing this as a good speculative (ie prepare to lose everything) buy

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/17/us-markets-oil-idUSKCN0QM00O20150817

U.S. crude has fallen for seven weeks in a row, settling down again last week after another weekly rise in U.S. oil rig additions on Friday that hinted at growing production.

While Brent has fared relatively better versus the selloff in U.S. crude, it also has been pressured by data showing a continuous glut in global oil supply, such as Oman's record-breaking production of 1 million barrels per day in July.

Demand for crude is set to fall further in the next few weeks as U.S. and European refineries start maintenance for autumn.

Money managers and hedge funds have cut their combined net long positions in U.S. crude to 2010 lows and in Brent to December 2014 lows, in an apparent growing consensus that oil prices will likely remain low for a while, data shows.

The Germans are at it again.... A prelude to the upcoming tensions between Germany and the rest of Europe.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/17/us-markets-oil-idUSKCN0QM00O20150817

U.S. crude has fallen for seven weeks in a row, settling down again last week after another weekly rise in U.S. oil rig additions on Friday that hinted at growing production.

While Brent has fared relatively better versus the selloff in U.S. crude, it also has been pressured by data showing a continuous glut in global oil supply, such as Oman's record-breaking production of 1 million barrels per day in July.

Demand for crude is set to fall further in the next few weeks as U.S. and European refineries start maintenance for autumn.

Money managers and hedge funds have cut their combined net long positions in U.S. crude to 2010 lows and in Brent to December 2014 lows, in an apparent growing consensus that oil prices will likely remain low for a while, data shows.

I've been reading Reuters news feeds daily for the past month ,their seems to be no positive news for crude, over supply,china,iran it all points down ,I'm tooled up for a large long position ,which I initially fancied at the spring low of $42,but now i'm thinking $38 ,i'm also short multiple times since 5995.00 ,which will partially finance my big long position.

• Advertisement

Adding another half position to eur/usd long here

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

If I ever find the lad using 1000 lots on every Brent open and Close :mad:

Also looking at GBP/USD as a hedge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 TheFin

Yes, pure speculative punt; just like Atlantic Resources, Aran Energy, Bula before them

Also looking at GBP/USD as a hedge

Have you an inside on the fomc minutes that are due?

I am short the dow, dax and ftse for a while now.

I will be buying spot on all of these tomorrow to cover my shorts. Haven't had time to follow/research the last couple of weeks. Tried to speed read/research at the weekend and nearly had a brain melt :rolleyes:
    Took my eye of the ball so it's to late to be making rash decisions,I will wait and let the
    market tell me which way it's going to from here.
    EDIT
    I could be wrong, but it looks like the bulls are are afraid and covering more longs than the bears shorts this morning

ixus wrote: »
    Have you an inside on the fomc minutes that are due?

I wish I had! I don't really trade those kind of events. Only look at them as opportunities if the go against the trend. If that makes sense?

Why not work exit prices today? Work an extreme price, like 10520 dax. If you get pinged, great. If not, you cover as planned. Extreme moves tend to happen intraday. Dax could do 3/400 points and bounce hard. Always be working that lotto exit fill.

I will be buying spot on all of these tomorrow to cover my shorts. Haven't had time to follow/research the last couple of weeks. Tried to speed read/research at the weekend and nearly had a brain melt :rolleyes:
    Took my eye of the ball so it's to late to be making rash decisions,I will wait and let the market tell me which way it's going to from here.

If you trade fx, central banks is all you are trading. Reality is you've initiated a position ahead of fomc minutes.

A lot of current turmoil is leveraged part getting out ahead of the event.

Most would reduce risk ahead of event. You have added to positions. That's why i asked if you had insight.
    I wish I had! I don't really trade those kind of events. Only look at them as opportunities if the go against the trend. Make sense?

If you trade fx, central banks is all you are trading. Reality is you've initiated a position ahead of fomc minutes.

A lot of current turmoil is leveraged part getting out ahead of the event.

Most would reduce risk ahead of event. You have added to positions. That's why i asked if you had insight.

Nah, unfortunately I am way too far down the food chain to get any info. My leverage is mild enough in that the intraday moves don't effect me too much.

• Advertisement

Why not work exit prices today? Work an extreme price, like 10520 dax. If you get pinged, great. If not, you cover as planned. Extreme moves tend to happen intraday. Dax could do 3/400 points and bounce hard. Always be working that lotto exit fill.

I will wait for Us open and see does it mirror European open... Cpi as well. I will have to rely on technicals now.

Thanks.
    EDIT
    Bought dow spot @ 17300

EDIT 2
    Stopped out.

Still short light crude since 5995.00 and again 5500.00/5000.00/4800.00,it closed yesterday evening at 4417.00, this one trade has given me nearly 4000 points , which has turned this into one of my best years ever , and has reinforced my belief in medium term trading rather than scalping , enjoy the weekend guys 😀😀😀

This is continuing to fall asunder ,currently 4080.00 ,after us invintories came in higher than expected ,and production seems to be increased week on week which baffles me slightly ,considering the value of what their pumping out of the ground is at a 6 year low:confused:.I'm not complaining ,as its simply the trade that keeps giving ,the problem is,i want to be a medium /long term buyer at the right price .The fundimentals are pointing as low as $35 which would be lovely ,but could some of the Technical wizards on here run their wand over a light crude chart and tell me what they see:),cheers,arrow.

This is continuing to fall asunder ,currently 4080.00 ,after us invintories came in higher than expected ,and production seems to be increased week on week which baffles me slightly ,considering the value of what their pumping out of the ground is at a 6 year low:confused:.I'm not complaining ,as its simply the trade that keeps giving ,the problem is,i want to be a medium /long term buyer at the right price .The fundimentals are pointing as low as $35 which would be lovely ,but could some of the Technical wizards on here run their wand over a light crude chart and tell me what they see:),cheers,arrow.

Why are you trying to call a bottom on a winning trade?
    Post 277 is my view.

If you are in from that high you are big in profit. If the lowest you are expecting is 35 and you are looking for long term, I would start adding small here. But that's just the way I trade. Of course crude always overshoots. Keep an eye on cad/usd and nok/usd for indications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Long on eurusd 1.1103

You may get chance to jump in if it comes to 1090/1100

P_Cash wrote: »
    Long on eurusd 1.1103

You may get chance to jump in if it comes to 1090/1100

Move stop to BE at 1.1103

Set TP for 1.1200

P_Cash wrote: »
    Move stop to BE at 1.1103