Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADER'S CORNER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Taking Profit here

In again 66932

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭dasdog

Getting skinned alive on the eur/usd tonight sold at 1.1406 now at 1.1520, going to be up all night:(

If it was me I'd cut losses on a dip as it seems you had a decent day. Some Elliots showing 1.18. My final buy was at 1.143 so I'm biased and could be wrong.
    Taking Profit here

Glenn Stevens to speak around 2:30am. No way to anticipate the tone. AUD & CAD are under a lot of pressure.

dasdog wrote: »
    If it was me I'd cut losses on a dip as it seems you had a decent day. Some Elliots showing 1.18. My final buy was at 1.143 so I'm biased and could be wrong.

Glenn Stevens to speak around 2:30am. No way to anticipate the tone. AUD & CAD are under a lot of pressure.

I see eur/usd hitting 121 and eventually 135.

I will move trade to break even soon and hit the hay.(hopefully :))

I see eur/usd hitting 121 and eventually 135.

I will move trade to break even soon and hit the hay.(hopefully :))

Tightening up my stop and getting some sleep.

Tightening up my stop and getting some sleep.

Taking profit over 200%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭dasdog

Euro buy triggered stop overnight at +58 pips. Going abroad on Friday for two weeks so that's me done for a while. Best of luck folks but be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

EUR/USD is in breakout territory. It broke to the upside this week but is now back in formation. False breakout? Who knows but it should be watched for a weekly close above or below.... If it goes to the downside and breaks out, 9800 is on the cards to the upside 12500 in the coming months. 1-3 weeks or formation is null.

Euro buy triggered stop overnight at +58 pips. Going abroad on Friday for two weeks so that's me done for a while. Best of luck folks but be careful.

The break will do you the world of good.

Have a good one!

Enjoy!

Trying long EUR/USD here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

My eur/dollar trade came in profit, cashed out and took the rest of the day off, i was wrecked.
    Back at it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone back in Apple or Google (or Tesla) today? Think Ill buy back half my stakes in each tomorrow. Exchange rate still a killer though.

Everyone waiting for US GDP and revisions to Q2, market's will probably go crazy again.

Not a bad day so far.
    Just shorted the Dow at 16634.

Not a bad day so far.
    Just shorted the Dow at 16634.

Got out at 16511.

That last hour on the Dow was insane with the swings, my heart is still racing, i need a stiff drink.
    Shorting the dow after hours at 16657.

Anyone trading today?

Anyone trading today?

Just long term trades open. You?

Closed my short on the Dow this morning for a healthy profit.
    Have just been scalping the Dax and Ftse today.

Closed my short on the Dow this morning for a healthy profit.
    Have just been scalping the Dax and Ftse today.

What instruments do you use? Was it 5 min candles and MAs?

• Advertisement

What instruments do you use? Was it 5 min candles and MAs?

Yeah 5 to 15 minute candles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

Anyone trading today?

Opened a small Unilever position just after lunch. small gain so far. Hopefully china/asia don't nuts over the weekend!

markets are still down 5-6% on levels pre great fall of china....I think theres still a bit more of a recovery to come (assuming no more craziness) in the next week or two (before labour day).

In case anyone missed it.

28-Aug-2015 16:32:47 - ASKED ON SEPTEMBER HIKES, FISHER SAYS THERE WAS A STRONG CASE BEFORE
    28-Aug-2015 16:36:24 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS WE’RE GETTING BACK TO NORMAL AT SOME POINT WE WILL SHOW THAT BY NORMALIZING RATES
    28-Aug-2015 16:36:46 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS MARKET VOLATILITY DOES AFFECT TIMING OF DECISION
    28-Aug-2015 16:36:57 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS THINGS COULD SETTLE QUICKLY
    28-Aug-2015 16:37:51 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS CONCERN IS THAT CHINA IMPACTS MANY COUNTRIES
    28-Aug-2015 16:38:27 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS WE’RE HEADING IN DIRECTION OF HIGHER RATES
    28-Aug-2015 16:38:43 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS NOT CERTAIN ECONOMY BACK TO NORMAL YET
    28-Aug-2015 16:38:54 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS MADE NO DECISION ON SEPTEMBER
    28-Aug-2015 16:39:14 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS STILL HAVE 2 MORE WEEKS WE HAVE TIME TO SEE INCOMING DATA
    28-Aug-2015 16:39:50 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS IF DECISION IS CLOSE RECENT DATA WILL INFLUENCE IT
    28-Aug-2015 16:40:28 - FED’S FISCHER SAYS CANT WAIT FOR CASE TO BE OVERWHELMING TO HIKE
    Updated at 4.57pm BST

Any one with a opinion on the Eur/Dollar next week, thinking of going long on the week.

Any one with a opinion on the Eur/Dollar next week, thinking of going long on the week.

We might see retest of the lows before higher. That said, I am already long.

We might see retest of the lows before higher. That said, I am already long.

Yeah reading some of the guys on forex factory there of the same opinion.
    Just going to go long on Sunday night anyway.

Yeah reading some of the guys on forex factory there of the same opinion.
    Just going to go long on Sunday night anyway.

The fact that we breach the 11200 mark and dropped back into the lower range could mean a retest.

First proper week trading every day, quiet stressfull, had a headache a few times this week, might need to get one of those squeez balls:D

First proper week trading every day, quiet stressfull, had a headache a few times this week, might need to get one of those squeez balls:D

Toughest job in the world. I could never do it full time

• Advertisement

Toughest job in the world. I could never do it full time

Yeah no wonder they party it up and take coke, some stress.
    I feel im getting more disciplined now, cutting trades that go against me earlier for example.
    Really conservative with my trades as well only risk 2.5% of account on open trades.

Advertisement