Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADER'S CORNER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Yeah no wonder they party it up and take coke, some stress.
    I feel im getting more disciplined now, cutting trades that go against me earlier for example.
    Really conservative with my trades as well only risk 2.5% of account on open trades.

Its really hard to keep the emotions out of it but has to be done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Have been reading some excellent posts on other forums about the direction of eur/usd for next week, consensus is short to 110.80 next week.
    So will be changing to shorting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Have been reading some excellent posts on other forums about the direction of eur/usd for next week, consensus is short to 110.80 next week.
    So will be changing to shorting it.

Probably the worst reason i've ever seen for making a trading decision. You wanted ling for whatever reason, someone else said short and gave a reason. You decide to reverse position. If you feel your long thesis is wrong you should be standing aside and thinking about it not just flipping position.

I've seen little analysis here on any fx trades and certainly no display understanding of the price action.

ixus wrote: »
    Probably the worst reason i've ever seen for making a trading decision. You wanted ling for whatever reason, someone else said short and gave a reason. You decide to reverse position. If you feel your long thesis is wrong you should be standing aside and thinking about it not just flipping position.

I've seen little analysis here on any fx trades and certainly no display understanding of the price action.

Well i was researching both options, am i not allowed change my mind after further research.

ixus wrote: »

You first :)

• Advertisement

Out of interest what brookers do people use.
    Im with IC markets.

Out of interest what brookers do people use.
    Im with IC markets.

I mainly use IG

Getting ready to short eur/usd at open.
    Shorted at 1.11734

Trying s&p long here. Much more optimistic about it than previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

jpboard1 wrote: »
    I mainly use IG

do you use CFDs or a stock account? IG told me I need to be a UK resident to open up a stock account

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    do you use CFDs or a stock account? IG told me I need to be a UK resident to open up a stock account

Thats weird. I use both. I was never told I had to be a UK resident.

S&P up but will continue to hold. I am back to previous assertion that we may see new highs before the end of the year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Closed my short on the Dow this morning for a healthy profit.
    Have just been scalping the Dax and Ftse today.

How have you been finding scalping the dax? To me it's pure suicide bar at the open and close.

pajero12 wrote: »
    How have you been finding scalping the dax? To me it's pure suicide bar at the open and close.

Yeah your right there, the last hour i dont go near anymore.
    I watch constant and have done ok on the 5 minute candles in the last week, but to be honest i find the Dax and Ftse a lot easier to scalp a few points than the Dow.

Quiet day today as 2.5% of my account as the eur/usd shorted.

Quiet day today as 2.5% of my account as the eur/usd shorted.

Do you only commit 2.5% of you account to a trade at any one time?

Looking at Yelp and Twitter at these levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

Looking at Yelp and Twitter at these levels.

Look at your trades posted on here in the last month,
    Health care
    Gold company
    Multiple FX pairs
    Indices
    Don't scalp anymore but need short term execution advice
    Medium to long term.... Multiple trades
    Part time?

Fair play to you if can handle it, but it looks as if you are all over the shop.

I am a little concerned about you to be honest.

Look at your trades posted on here in the last month,
    Health care
    Gold company
    Multiple FX pairs
    Indices
    Don't scalp anymore but need short term execution advice
    Medium to long term.... Multiple trades
    Part time?

Fair play to you if can handle it, but it looks as if you are all over the shop.

I am a little concerned about you to be honest.

Fair point. I am a bit all over the place. :)

Thats said the majority of my trades have been good and I have been profitable so I suppose thats what really matters.
    My profitable structure involves medium to long term trades. I have a passing interest in short/scalp trades but have never been able to make it work consistently(in profit). That was why I brought up the subject here.

(By the way, if you saw how many trades I was actually interested in, you wudl probably be even more worried! I only do a certain amount though due to equity constraints)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Interested to hear if anyone here got in on paddypower in the last week or two?

beertons wrote: »
    Interested to hear if anyone here got in on paddypower in the last week or two?

Not me. Talk of a merger right?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Aye. Went from around 80 quid to 94 a share.

beertons wrote: »
    Aye. Went from around 80 quid to 94 a share.

Nice. That company has been a huge success.

Fair point. I am a bit all over the place. :)

Thats said the majority of my trades have been good and I have been profitable so I suppose thats what really matters.
    My profitable structure involves medium to long term trades. I have a passing interest in short/scalp trades but have never been able to make it work consistently(in profit). That was why I brought up the subject here.

(By the way, if you saw how many trades I was actually interested in, you wudl probably be even more worried! I only do a certain amount though due to equity constraints)

So you have a fast acting mind,( quant maybe?) I understand where you are coming from on your trades, most of the time. Can you flesh them out a bit more, it is tiring when you just throw a trade up there with no reasoning or research to back it up.

Thanks.

Do you only commit 2.5% of you account to a trade at any one time?

Yeah will only commit that to all trades at any one time, im not greedy as i know that will wipe you in the end, every little helps for me.

So you have a fast acting mind,( quant maybe?) I understand where you are coming from on your trades, most of the time. Can you flesh them out a bit more, it is tiring when you just throw a trade up there with no reasoning or research to back it up.

Thanks.

I can do that but I feel others should do the same if I am and it doesn't seem to be happening here?

Yeah will only commit that to all trades at any one time, im not greedy as i know that will wipe you in the end, every little helps for me.

But can you open more than one 2.5% trade at a time?

Adding to S&P long position here 1919. Tight stop

Traders will be watching ADP tomorrow for the run up to NFP on Friday, a big number after Fishers hawkish comments at the weekend will see September rate hike speculation.
    Sandwiched in-between is important euro data and ecb meeting, oil inventories tomorrow also.

Cl

• Advertisement

Adding to S&P long position here 1919. Tight stop

Closing short term trade for small profit.

Advertisement