Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADER'S CORNER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

I think handle could be formed, closed shorts. Thanks jp!
    Looking to get in long at 22651, a retrace below this level and if it comes back up through I will try my entry here.

22238 is my alternative entry 50% fib of last swing lo/Hi

Sorry, a bit confused. What pair is that you are talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Sorry, a bit confused. What pair is that you are talking about?

Oops..... GBP /NZD

Oops..... GBP /NZD

The fundamentals would suggest further weakness but i am looking long term. There could very well be a retrace here, but as I say, I'm no chartist.

What fundamentals?

What fundamentals?

I expect strength in commodity currencies as inflation takes hold and USD weakens somewhat.

• Advertisement

I expect strength in commodity currencies as inflation takes hold and USD weakens somewhat.

What timeframe are we talking about here? Nearest year will do,

If Inflation comes the dollar will strengthen.

What timeframe are we talking about here? Nearest year will do,

If Inflation comes the dollar will strengthen.

I'm talking about inflation in the commodity space.

I'm talking about inflation in the commodity space.

Price of oil down, over supply of oil for next 2-3 years.

Cost of mining down, global growth down, over supply

Cost of softs down.... Global over-supply

Unless there is a war or severe drought/flood Commodities are not going up anytime soon.

Price of oil down, over supply of oil for next 2-3 years.

Cost of mining down, global growth down, over supply

Cost of softs down.... Global over-supply

Unless there is a war or severe drought/flood Commodities are not going up anytime soon.

Then we will be trading on opposite sides :)

Now if the Fed raise rates, then your simple play on the dollar could work.... Strange!!

• Advertisement

For the markets to go higher, we need a weaker dollar. Weaker dollar means upturn in commodities. Simple trade.

For the markets to go higher, we need a weaker dollar. Weaker dollar means upturn in commodities. Simple trade.

Therin lies the problem...... The assumption that the markets needs to go higher.

Therin lies the problem...... The assumption that the markets needs to go higher.

The markets always need to go higher until the next correction. This market doesn't look like it is due a correction. It is in the power players interests' for the markets to keep going. They will benefit the most and they have the most influence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Howya arrow, Anything unusual with the ftse 100 and 250 companies this year? do you think santa is coming this year?

Its been a toughish year this year ,but I scaled nearly completely out heading into the usuall q2q3 lull,which turned out to be the right call ,slowly scaling back in for the past 3 weeks .
    Sold us crude short at 5995 down to 38.00 (which was meant to be then reversed,which I fcuked up:rolleyes:) but it filled the coffers anyways .
    Bought a largish Jan FTSE contract about a month ago when it broke back through 6000.00 ,as a Q4/early Santa Rally play,with a notional 5750.00 s/l ,and possibly a very notional 7000.00+ t/p,its currently going grand .
    The big oil listings weighed the FTSE way down ,we'll see how Q4 plays out !

I think handle could be formed, closed shorts. Thanks jp!
    Looking to get in long at 22651, a retrace below this level and if it comes back up through I will try my entry here.

22238 is my alternative entry 50% fib of last swing lo/Hi

Edit:
    GBP/NZD trade idea in post # 158

1/3 profit taken at 300 points. Got entry after third attempt so 260 points in total.

Will let rest run, stop at break even.

Its been a toughish year this year ,but I scaled nearly completely out heading into the usuall q2q3 lull,which turned out to be the right call ,slowly scaling back in for the past 3 weeks .
    Sold us crude short at 5995 down to 38.00 (which was meant to be then reversed,which I fcuked up:rolleyes:) but it filled the coffers anyways .
    Bought a largish Jan FTSE contract about a month ago when it broke back through 6000.00 ,as a Q4/early Santa Rally play,with a notional 5750.00 s/l ,and possibly a very notional 7000.00+ t/p,its currently going grand .
    The big oil listings weighed the FTSE way down ,we'll see how Q4 plays out !

Alot of indecision in the markets at the moment. Hang tight there's bound to be a few nice moves served up in the coming months, when the direction is decided.

Nice trades.

ftse 6380 and 6150 are the levels I'm watching. You know the others.

Yeah, should be risk on in U.S Equities bringing the dollar up with it and giving Draghi a bit of breathing room.

Gonna stick with Draghi taking his time.

Whatever he says or does tomorrow, it will be volatile.

Be careful.

I think we just seen the best central banker ever,flip the finger to the world of finance today. Glad he's playing for our side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭dasdog

He didn't mess around. If it's required, we will implement. Nothing cryptic.

I'm not seeing any clear direction at the moment anticipating more of a mixed bag from the better performers (UK/US) so staying mostly out. If anything, I'll engage in Dollar Yen range trading and bide my time.

Closed eur/aud short for profit. Now long eur/usd

• Advertisement

Are we heading back to the divergence of central banks trade?

How's everyone keeping?

All good. Having a rough ride with eur/usd but hanging on in there. :)

You?

Grand thanks.

Could do with a few opinions on what's going on across the market's.

Only a few posters on this thread, but it is a good barometer of sentiment.

I see the markets going higher from here. Long S&P, A50. Also long natural gas and oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

How's everyone keeping?

Doing alright, last week was amazing, made 20% gain on my health stocks - due to Cellectis and CALA. Had a small loss for the month of October, but more than made up for it so far this month.

Maybe the markets continue to rise, but if you listen to Carl Icahn, it is all going to end in tears.

Going to buy the sh1t out of us light crude at the open ,10k into 700 points (recent low),on a rolling far out contract ,long term t/p $60 plus ,zero technicals employed ,if it ever gets to my stop,i'll happily 5 fold this position.

Going to buy the sh1t out of us light crude at the open ,10k into 700 points (recent low),on a rolling far out contract ,long term t/p $60 plus ,zero technicals employed ,if it ever gets to my stop,i'll happily 5 fold this position.

In at spot price of 4503.00/4506.00 ,but in a jan 16 contract which will be automatically rolled to furthest out contract .

In at spot price of 4503.00/4506.00 ,but in a jan 16 contract which will be automatically rolled to furthest out contract .

Really like that trade

• Advertisement

Over a hundred points spread between Dec 15 and Jan 16 light crude..... Buy Dec sell Jan?

Advertisement