Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRADER'S CORNER

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

For those who use DeGiro, when you make a transfer in, to you need to put a narative in the transfer to assign it to your account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

nah if you setup your account with that bank account associated with it; it recognises and assigns to your degiro account.
    I transferred 50 quid first time to see it works as i was a bit skeptical..
    You can transfer 1 euro to see if it works just to verify you have it setup correctly. It generally takes 3 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

kenyard wrote: »
    nah if you setup your account with that bank account associated with it; it recognises and assigns to your degiro account.
    I transferred 50 quid first time to see it works as i was a bit skeptical..
    You can transfer 1 euro to see if it works just to verify you have it setup correctly. It generally takes 3 working days.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed last night when setting up an account the option to do the transfer through Trustly, for instant transfers. I skipped that option and now it doesn't give me it.

Will try a small amount today!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Bought some shares in cap xx a few months back, looks like the price is about to explode 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Anyone think permanent TSB shares are worth a punt at €1.90? im expecting it to deal with its debt issues over time and bounce back to profitability like other banks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

This thread kinda dropped off the radar so ill guess ill bring it back with more gold talk.

Gold has just popped up to $1352. A price which hasnt been seen since September 2016.

Unfortunately for gold most of those gains are negated or caused by the sharp devaluation of the USD against most currencies.

Im trading in GBP so its even worse. We're back to pre brexit GBPUSD prices.

Hopefully we will see a strengthening of the USD and a maintenance of the price of gold before i decide to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Will the manipulation and price suppression of the gold and silver markets ever end? Any time precious metals show signs of a breakout they're punched right back down again.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭dasdog

This thread kinda dropped off the radar so ill guess ill bring it back with more gold talk.

Gold has just popped up to $1352. A price which hasnt been seen since September 2016.

Unfortunately for gold most of those gains are negated or caused by the sharp devaluation of the USD against most currencies.

Im trading in GBP so its even worse. We're back to pre brexit GBPUSD prices.

Hopefully we will see a strengthening of the USD and a maintenance of the price of gold before i decide to sell.

800 pips in 10 days for Cable. 1.243 is the next line of resistance for EUR/USD and supposedly an option barrier at 1.25. I imagine there will be some profit taken off the table before the ECB tomorrow.

I'd been waiting and waiting to short EUR expecting a pull back and then Mnuchin happened this morning, twelve hours after I made my move after waiting weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Looks like volatility is starting to pick up. Is now a good time to short the major indices? They have had an amazing run..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭dasdog

Trump on CNBC...

-I want to see a strong dollar
    -Says Mnuchin's comments were taken out of context

The short squeeze is on. Playing by Yen myself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Mach 3

Ah dasdog, good to hear! "The boom is back baby" so fairly low key myself these days, more macro than technical - set out the stall for the year, come what may.

Miss the cut and thrust a bit, but still enjoy hearing people making money.

3-15-17-fig-1.png

For those of you who like stats (use as a guideline only), it might give a few ideas.

A few things to watch out for:

Cold spell coming, will probably give a lift to Brent ergo WTI. (the cold snap could hit North East America via Alaska, in 10-14 days). The impact of such will play with the inflation meme.

Trump "trial" run at repairing a section of the border wall with the proposed design.

Italian elections(again!), more of an excuse to add/exit Positions IMO.

That didn't work out to bad-now did it? Weather the great leveler.

Powell on tonight, start as you mean to go on, as we say here... Statement of intent, perfect platform as above.

World cups ending in eight show (more novelty than empirical) that Germany Will either win this world cup or 2022. More weight added to this one, because of the European factor.
    For the behavioural amongst us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Anyone else finding the markets tougher over the kast 2 weeks? Couple of gaps up and down over appearing. Looks like summer markets already here (world cup causing this??)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

PHG wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the markets tougher over the kast 2 weeks? Couple of gaps up and down over appearing. Looks like summer markets already here (world cup causing this??)

Biotech got hammered yesterday. Feels bad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

trump is starting trade wars all over.
    i give it a few weeks more before its resolved.. but until then its hard to know where the bottom lies.
    rumors china and us are talking behind closed doors to resolve it currently.
    trump has asked his team to find 200bn of goods to tax so its hard to know.
    us economy is at full employment so he actually needs to curb it somehow. maybe this is part of it..to tax goods...
    god only knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'd like to invest something in stocks but don't know the best options or tax implications.

Anyone know where I can start?

Is now a bad time to get in seeing as it's at ATH levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I'd like to invest something in stocks but don't know the best options or tax implications.

Anyone know where I can start?

Is now a bad time to get in seeing as it's at ATH levels?

If you know the companies you'd like to invest in then it's fairly simple to open a Degrio account.

With some exceptions, when stocks gains are realised they're taxed at the current CGT rate.

If you look at the S&P 500, with 3 notable exceptions, it's always at an all time high. If you really think a drop is coming, then by all means wait to invest. You could be waiting a long time though. I personally think a flash crash may happen, I can't see a full crisis happening. But if it does, I'll invest more.

0*vEzc2QYo_28y_wSH.png

US Sugar #11

Now firmly on the watch list. Finishing the month at multi year lows. This is probably not the bottom, but is a nice marker for the when it does start to rise again, others might choose to average in small over further price drops.

Sugar tax? People will still use sugar.

• Advertisement

Mach 3 wrote: »
    US Sugar #11

Now firmly on the watch list. Finishing the month at multi year lows. This is probably not the bottom, but is a nice marker for the when it does start to rise again, others might choose to average in small over further price drops.

Up over 10% in a few weeks, no harm top slicing a little profit. :cool:

Dow is up 75% over 5 years
    200% up from the 2007 highs and 400% up from the 2008 lows.

When the next crash comes its going to be a very tough one, whats worse is it doesn't look like its going to be anytime soon.

Current growth is unsustainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

What is Jim Power ( he of the "soft landing" c 2007 ) saying these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I know online fora weren't as common as now but was there as many people claiming there's a recession coming back in 05,06,07?

Feels like everyone online is saying a recession is due.

Maybe it's just the online folk and the majority of people are oblivious and think it won't come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

When the next crash comes its going to be a very tough one, whats worse is it doesn't look like its going to be anytime soon.

Is 2020 soon enough for you? google 2020 recession and you'll find a wealth of articles predicting it.

JPMorgan have built an app to forecast recessions. They are forecasting 2020.

Start selling your shares early next year!!!!:eek:

https://smallcaps.com.au/jp-morgan-warns-next-financial-crisis-coming-soon/

Global population is growing by 1 billion every 12-13 years in the last few decades.
    How much money has been pumped into the financial system by central banks across the globe.
    It doesn't feel like euphoria yet - like the late comers haven't arrived yet, until there is someone to hold the bag, this will keep rising.

Just a few thoughs I had about 3 years ago, nothing much has convinced me to change tactics.

As far as online reading is concerned it's a help when you're starting out, but it's healthier if you think for yourself and keep away from "he says she says" websites.

daheff wrote: »
    Is 2020 soon enough for you? google 2020 recession and you'll find a wealth of articles predicting it.

JPMorgan have built an app to forecast recessions. They are forecasting 2020.

Start selling your shares early next year!!!!:eek:

https://smallcaps.com.au/jp-morgan-warns-next-financial-crisis-coming-soon/

It might actually be the perfect time for it for me anyway.
    Will likely be selling my house at the end of 2019. If i was then to hold the cash and it all came crumbling down it would be perfect. lol.

Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Mach 3 wrote: »
    US Sugar #11

Now up around 40% since August, not greedy so going to call it a day on this one. Technically it still looks reasonable strong but with the Brazilian election now out of the way I haven't a strong enough fundamental scope to continue at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭amacca

It might actually be the perfect time for it for me anyway.
    Will likely be selling my house at the end of 2019. If i was then to hold the cash and it all came crumbling down it would be perfect. lol.

Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Consider the possibility of your cash being worth nothing also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

amacca wrote: »
    Consider the possibility of your cash being worth nothing also.

Surely people holding cash have had enough misery, will they not eventually have there day?

Advertisement