Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Monitor fixed?

• 24-04-2015 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in Limerick or close to it that would have a look at my motorola baby monitor?
    It's making this high pitched noise every so often and I need to get it sorted but it's about a year past it's warranty.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Does anyone know anywhere in Limerick or close to it that would have a look at my motorola baby monitor?
    It's making this high pitched noise every so often and I need to get it sorted but it's about a year past it's warranty.
    Thanks in advance.

Could be feedback from having the mic or
    Speaker on the monitoring unit too high. Have you tried lowering those settings?

We have the same issue on our angelcare when the speaker is at Max even though he is down in the bedroom and monitor is sitting room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

wingnut wrote: »
    Could be feedback from having the mic or
    Speaker on the monitoring unit too high. Have you tried lowering those settings?

We have the same issue on our angelcare when the speaker is at Max even though he is down in the bedroom and monitor is sitting room.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that, I have it at only half volume, I tried turning off the camera part itself just have the sound, I tried moving the camera, turning off wifi, turning down the brightness, everything I could think to do - the high pitched noise is coming out on babys end, out of the camera (theres a facility on it that you can press a button on monitor and your voice comes out of camera). No noise from the monitor. A few weeks ago my mother was babysitting and she knocked the monitor and since then this noise is happening - sometimes I can hear it and my husband can't, it's so high pitched. It's waking herself every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Disconnect the speaker in the monitor in child's room( I'm guessing you don't use that function anyway)
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Disconnect the speaker in the monitor in child's room( I'm guessing you don't use that function anyway)
    Marty.

There's no way I can do it - it's a motorola mpb36s, I don't use the speaker for anything. I'd have to manually disconnect it but I don't want to be messing about with it.

Advertisement