Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea, 4pm SS1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Congrats to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Nice easy afternoon and TSHO still unbeaten against Wenger yeeeeeehhaaawwwww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That's an issue with arsenal fans, nothing to do with Mourinho. You know it, I know it and all.

I agree it's a problem with Arsenal fans, and it's not one I personally agree with.

I just pointed out that Mourinho took Fab off to troll the Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's hard to play within a bus.

Johner wrote: »
    Very cynical stuff from Arsenal late on, has to be done though.

Absolutely only wY they could stay in the game, we would do the same but we never get that stretched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fair result has to be said.

Arsenal need to make the game in hand over city count.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Wenger will be livid, he still can't beat a man whom he despises in Mourinho and I'd say it's eating away at his soul

Chelsea boring their way to the title, the only side you'd ever see high-fiving and fist-pumping after a 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It might be a bus but its a championship bus ;)

And Cesc will be on abroad for the first time in England.

Well deserved.

Arsenal will be the big threat next year. If ye started better Gunners, it would be closer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Johner wrote: »
    Very cynical stuff from Arsenal late on, has to be done though.

I'd be annoyed if they didn't do it.

Should have bet on a 0-0, oh hindsight. At least Hazard is still in Hectors pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Who boo him. He left to go to Barcelona and Arsenal never tried to resign him.
    Poor form from Arsenal fans.

I think there's rumors of there being more to the story than that.

And some folks are just eejits too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

How can a team with Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar and co be so horrible to watch.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Man U did well getting 16 million for Danny Welbeck. The chap is sh!te.

Yea never got that one, Ozil and Sanchez excellent buys but Welbeck hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Can never say Terry isn't 100% Chelsea.
    Some reaction from it.
    Hope arsenal take 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

donfers wrote: »
    Wenger will be livid, he still can't beat a man whom he despises in Mourinho and I'd say it's eating away at his soul

Chelsea boring their way to the title, the only side you'd ever see high-fiving and fist-pumping after a 0-0

They took another big step towards the title, they have every right to celebrate and high 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Quazzie wrote: »
    I agree it's a problem with Arsenal fans, and it's not one I personally agree with.

I just pointed out that Mourinho took Fab off to troll the Arsenal fans.

I think your looking into it too much.

Fabregas was going to be taken off regardless, he was on a yellow and had slowed down. I'm surprised Zouma didn't come on earlier for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

How can a team with Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar and co be so horrible to watch.

In a word: Mourinho

The grand corruptor of modern football, every time one of his teams wins a trophy a footballing angel dies

The grand corruptor of modern football, every time one of his teams wins a trophy a footballing angel dies

First half was good though.

Congratulations Chelsea. Deserved champions elect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Congratulations Chelsea. Deserved champions elect.

Ye'll be close next year anyway lad.

Fine team wenger is putting together shoukd be a cracker of a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Mourinho chokes a nil nil. Why are people suprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

John Terry.

Greatest ever Premier League defender.

Case pretty much closed IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fair play John Terry

Terry MOTM.
    Not in the running for player of the year.
    Bananas.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It might be a bus but its a championship bus ;)

And Cesc will be on abroad for the first time in England.

Well deserved.

Arsenal will be the big threat next year. If ye started better Gunners, it would be closer.

Cut us a deal. Get Fabregas and Costa out for 3 months at the start of next season.....as least give us a chance like we did for you this year :pac:

Better than celebrating finishing 4th or is that your level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Terry said that Arsenal were a very good team, Arsenal fans must be delighted to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Arsenal are getting better at working tight spaces. Best English team at it imo. If they continue the progress, get a few quality signings this summer to build more squad depth, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Chelsea, I would be worried for that's four, possibly five, seasons in a row where Jose's teams have lost form. He needs to start rotating. It's only a matter of time before teams decide you play deep defensive lines against him. (That was what heralded his end in Spain.)

Draw the fair result imo. Arsenal with the better of "almost" chances just didn't get the rub of the green. Think that would have been harsh on Chelsea.

Fair play to the arsenal fans who applauded Cesc. He might not have won many trophies but his contribution to arsenal was immense. He still supports them for feck sake - least he did until he moved to Chelsea. (I believe he still does though? )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Panthro wrote: »
    Terry MOTM.
    Not in the running for player of the year.
    Bananas.

It's a complete farce.

It should be Hazard, Terry, Kane in that order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Turtwig wrote: »
    Arsenal are getting better at working tight spaces. Best English team at it imo. If they continue the progress, get a few quality signings this summer to build more squad depth, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Chelsea, I would be worried for that's four, possibly five, seasons in a row where Jose's teams have lost form. He needs to start rotating. It's only a matter of time before teams decide you play deep defensive lines against him. (That was what heralded his end in Spain.)

Absolutely agree, he needs to have faith in some of these young players that are heralded every season, never to be seen again in a Chelsea shirt. Or even some of the players the club pays significant sums for and play once every blue moon and he wonders why they never find their form.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ye'll be close next year anyway lad.

Fine team wenger is putting together shoukd be a cracker of a year.

With united getting stronger too I think it'll be a real battle next season and I'm looking forward to it already.

Draw the fair result imo. Arsenal with the better of "almost" chances just didn't get the rub of the green. Think that would have been harsh on Chelsea.

Fair play to the arsenal fans who applauded Cesc. He might not have won many trophies but his contribution to arsenal was immense. He still supports them for feck sake - least he did until he moved to Chelsea. (I believe he still does though? )

In fairness hard to rotate with our squad it's pretty thin, that said surprising Luis does not get much of a run

City have a hard transfer window ahead of them, United very hard to know they will spend heavily. Could be very close between us and Arsenal next season both very good sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Arsenal being praised by Chelsea players and fans should be worrying for Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Arsenal being praised by Chelsea players and fans should be worrying for Arsenal.

Its called having a bit of cop on.
    Makes a welcome change to read through compared to the usual post match sniping BS to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

0-0

Anyone surprised??

Arsenal have built a good team who will run it close next season with another good window. For that reason can't see Cech being allowed to join them.

Nowt too surprising that is recognised after all your not QPR :-)

efb wrote: »
    0-0

Anyone surprised??

Suites both teams was cagey so no Arsenal win the game in hand don't have to worry about CL qualification so good for both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Arsenal really dominating now - hopefully today will see a victory for football rather than bus-parking/cheating
    Arsenal the only side playing football here, far the superior side
    chelsea up to their usual tricks and they wonder why they're so unloved, a gust of wind would be done for GBH if it blew in Oscar's direction

:pac: love when the gremlins come back out, nearly makes a successful season feel even better when they come out with nonsense like this.

Shíte performance, doesn't matter, one step closer. Arsenal are a serious team though, I can see them doing very well next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

In all due respect, winning the league is nothing to be worried about!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Good game for a nil all.

Chelsea deserved league winners, it could go on another 10 weeks and still win it

Hopefully the signs we are showing of getting closer is for real.

Congrats to Chelsea fans enjoy it!

Oscar gone to the hospital apparently for scans. Have to say disappointed with the Chelsea medical team it was an awful challenge not sure why they left him on for another 30 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Panthro wrote: »
    Its called having a bit of cop on.
    Makes a welcome change to read through compared to the usual post match sniping BS to be honest.

Yeah, a match thread that had nothing to do with Utd or Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cavani would be a huge step up over Wellbeck. He also has unreal levels of stamina. His form does waver though. But there isn't many players you can't say that about. If Arsenal can by all means they should get Cavani but another DM is the priority for them. Once Coquelin came off they conceded 3 yellows in preventing counters.

Another I think Arsenal should chase, well two, Isco and Illaramendi. Both are wasted at Madrid. Ultimately though they should target Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Personally I think the last three league games have been the most admirable in terms of Chelsea being champions.

You spend enough money and you'll get a team that can steamroll teams for a while like Chelsea did at the start of the year.

But when everyone's tired and not playing well, to come up with 3 clean sheets and 7 points from three really tricky games. Really well managed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

''Mourinho on afc fans' "boring, boring Chelsea" chant: "I think boring is 10 years without a title. That is boring"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Oscar gone to the hospital apparently for scans. Have to say disappointed with the Chelsea medical team it was an awful challenge not sure why they left him on for another 30 mins

it was an awful collision rather than a challenge. Challenge suggests intent which I don't think there was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

To be fair I've never seen Chelsea Arsenal fans at it. Arsenal fans biggest haters are themselves!!!

greendom wrote: »
    it was an awful collision rather than a challenge. Challenge suggests intent which I don't think there was.

No point rehashing for me a definite if I don't get the ball I get the player challenge therefore absolutely deliberate. Arsenal fans see the opposite so no point rehashing it is the sort of things keepers get away with and yes it is the sort of challenge you want your keeper to make

• Advertisement
Advertisement