Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

data roaming

Options
  • 24-04-2015 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

A few times a day my phone suddenly switches to data roaming even though I'm at home. It only lasts a few minutes but can be an annoyance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

welcome to life on the border... the only way to stop this is to disable roaming.. the operators don't really care and they will charge. Up til last year 3 data was freeto roam but now they also charge, unless you have their data roaming pack... Govt should really do something about this but doubtful. I think the EU are bringing in something in the future but time will tell. Up til 4 years ago.. O2 were great,meteor were ok for border users, vodafone lousy but they are all the same now... I think 3 have the best addon at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

It could be that your provider has bad coverage in a particular area and they have an agreement with a different provider to use their network. Technically your roaming (indicated by an R symbol on your phone) but its not costing you any money due to the agreement between both networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Are you using a secondary network, as in a network that uses another network. If so you will be roaming alot e.g tesco, go etc

Advertisement