Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom v Liverpool, 25/4 3PM, Setanta Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

this game needs markovic

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Now that was a goalmouth scramble. Looked like Balotelli's shirt was definitely pulled.

Handball too surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Liverpool team once again look tactically clueless and have no idea how to break down the opposition add to lack of passion from the players it really isn't fun to watch.

this game needs markovic

Why? Instead of who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Send Johnson to the glue factory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

That was excellent by Lovren in the middle of the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Lovern not doing so bad today. Improvement there.

He has played very well but the majority of people who dont rate him wont see that.

5starpool wrote: »
    Why? Instead of who?

Ibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Henderson now pushed up, but they really need to get a second mobile body with Balo or instead of Balo.

• Advertisement

Ibe

I disagree. Markovic has rarely done anything as wing back, and at least Ibe has shown he can beat his man even if there hasn't been an end product so far.

Unlucky Ibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Brilliant from Ibe, so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I think we're pretty poor today.

What a near fúck up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So close from Ibe, he's been very good today. Might be keeping Reus out of the starting XI next season on this form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I've posted about this loads. Lovren is doing what Lovren does. He is a front foot defender who tries to win everything, some days he will look great others he won't because when you are flying into challenges left right and center the way he does you are always taking a gamble. The best defenders are far more considered and thoughtful in their work.

I disagree. Markovic has rarely done anything as wing back, and at least Ibe has shown he can beat his man even if there hasn't been an end product so far.

What Markovic can do is ghost into the box. At the minute we are without any guile

Well he just saved our bacon there, bad luck for Ibe but that's what we need to see more of.

• Advertisement

What Markovic can do is ghost into the box. At the minute we are without any guile

You must have been watching a different Markovic than I have this season.

You could take Johnson off and bring on a forward and go to 3 at the back, West Brom have no interest in attacking here anyway.

I've posted about this loads. Lovren is doing what Lovren does. He is a front foot defender who tries to win everything, some days he will look great others he won't because when you are flying into challenges left right and center the way he does you are always taking a gamble. The best defenders are far more considered and thoughtful in their work.

Pretty accurate description of him. We need another defender alongside him next season who reads the game very well and plays slightly behind him. De Vrij would be perfect for this, and if we stick with 3 at the back, a good ball-playing centre half is essential, and Can is a good fit for that role.

If Markovic is to come on I'd rather it be for Sterling than Ibe

There is a great big hole of emptiness just in front of the WBA peno area and no one is in it. Where's Coutinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Lallana, Allen and Marko for Gerrard, Mario and one of the CBs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

So a bit like David Luiz then, who can also be described as a sh*t defender.

Lallana and Borini coming on.

Lallana, Allen and Marko for Gerrard, Mario and one of the CBs

Lallana and Borini coming on.

Can is already playing well up the field, should use him for Gerrard

So many blocked shots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Coutinho doing all the hard work to win the ball back in midfield, turns around to see no one ahead of him to pass to. Just about sums up the day.

• Advertisement

Coutinho nearly.

Draw or loss for us is effectively the same thing really in terms of catching teams ahead of us.

Rodgers really has no idea what to do tactically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What would you do? Remember the trouble Benitez had with these kind of defensive teams

Draw or loss for us is effectively the same thing really in terms of catching teams ahead of us.

Yeah should be playing like we are one down for the last 5.

Coutinho really stepping up to the plate, trying to win this game on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Am I alone in thinking Lovren has played really well today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

What would you do? Remember the trouble Benitez had with these kind of defensive teams

How about play 2 strikers for a Start. Even for the last 20mins and signal some intent to win. Clearly 1 wasn't working and still persists

Hoki wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking Lovren has played really well today ?

No.

Rodgers is touted as one of the best young tactical mangers in the world everything we have seen from him disproves this.

Who mentioned Benitez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I pnly watched about a 15 min speall fo the game (all I could stomach) and to be fair, it looked like the players couldn't give a ****.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is Moreno' s hands behind back nonsense rubbing off on Skrtel?

Benitez strengths though for the most part lay in other areas. Rodgers strengths are suppose to lie as a manager with an emphasis on attack. We have created next to nothing for all the possession today.

I pnly watched about a 15 min speall fo the game (all I could stomach) and to be fair, it looked like the players couldn't give a ****.

Well the next 5 games will certainly be all like that anyhow unless something miraculous happens in the next 3 minutes.

Yet another game that shows just how much we need a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

BR really is tactically inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Liverpool are woeful today again look all out of juice, if I was a fan id be sick of Rogers at this stage

Next competitive game is mid August, unless we have to play EL qualifiers before then.

I saw more attacking quality in the Watford game earlier.

Players have totally given up on the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Glad I did waste boardband to stream the game going by comments

• Advertisement

Even during the good run of games lots of those weren't dissimilar to watching this rubbish only many of them were punctuated with Countiho moments of brilliance to break teams down when we probably hadn't created an awful lot. I'm really disillusioned with Rodgers.

Advertisement