Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show, April 24th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ted, I'm going mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ha, Noel Furlong. Funniest ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

*stretches arms and yawns*

Ahhhh,, 11.20pm ... only two hours to go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

this is ridiculous... populist oul Dubalin sh1te... RTE Allowing him to launch his campaign on the Late Late Show... Will the same be afforded to all the other candidates in his constituency?

Well in fairness over the last few weeks RTE has given great platforms to Pippa Ormond, Nadia Forde, Holly Carpenter, Lisa Murphy and Roz Purcell great platforms to launch their respective Presidential campaigns.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I think he's using his story as a lesson to others. I don't get the impression he's boasting.

Really???? Swear you're watching a different interview. He didn't go into any details as to who he hurt or what he lost out on through drinking, what led him to it or who helped him out.
    He did give a good view anecdotes about how (and I don't believe him) he tried to get a friend to stand in for him at his wedding ceremony, stole sacristy wine, got drunk at 12 or something etc. Came across as full of bull and had a grin and a twinkle in his eye during most of these stories as if he felt they made him look cool.

Worst guest I remember, do many not based in Dublin even know who the guy is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

RTE reminding people how funny Graham Norton is right before going to commercial, while Norton is now on a rival station. Great logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I think he's using his story as a lesson to others. I don't get the impression he's boasting.

Can't agree. He was boasting about not going to go to his wedding and then nipping out during the service to have a drink. Not getting a sense of too much time or respect for his wife or anyone else but himself.

I know alcoholics and they were demented with guilt and remorse for those they hurt even during their darkest days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Really???? Swear you're watching a different interview. He didn't go into any details as to who he hurt or what he lost out on through drinking, what led him to it or who helped him out.
    He did give a good view anecdotes about how (and I don't believe him) he tried to get a friend to stand in for him at his wedding ceremony, stole sacristy wine, got drunk at 12 or something etc. Came across as full of bull and had a grin and a twinkle in his eye during most of these stories as if he felt they made him look cool.

Worst guest I remember, do many not based in Dublin even know who the guy is?

You're not a fan.

Well in fairness over the last few weeks RTE has given great platforms to Pippa Ormond, Nadia Forde, Holly Carpenter, Lisa Murphy and Roz Purcell great platforms to launch their respective Presidential campaigns.....

And you know they will probably walk in to that referendum thinking that they ARE voting for the next President...... #mortified

• Advertisement

The Academic...will their music make the grade?

Heh heh.

Heh. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

The derivative might be a good name for this crowd. Or the sameness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Lead singer sounds like Bono

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

A1 Sharon

You're not a fan.

Never came across him before and cant see what he was on the show for. Really what would you say if a local politician from another area was on?

I found the whole "I asked me mate to go to the altar in my place, so that I could stay in the boozer" story just completely unbelievable... He may have said it in jest, but never as a real choice....

For anybody who's interested he spoke to Joe Duffy about his alcoholism a few weeks ago on one of the shows.. (when he had rung in to contribute about a different topic).. and to be fair he came across as more sincere on that show.. it's worth a listen..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Who was the lad singing the aul triangle and what was he on about. Only caught tail end of interview.

First question:
    "Is it hard to stay thin with that fat b*stard in the house"
    Follow up:
    "How many times has John Terry tried it on with you"

Who was the lad singing the aul triangle and what was he on about. Only caught tail end of interview.

Lord Mayor of Dublin who is running for election next time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Beautiful woman. Pity she's engaged to a brain dead arrogant plank

Christine Bleakley.
    Could be Melanie Sykes.
    They're interchangeable aren't they?

• Advertisement

I found the whole "I asked me mate to go to the altar in my place, so that I could stay in the boozer" story just completely unbelievable... He may have said it in jest, but never as a real choice....

Was the most outlandishly ridiculous and unbelievable story I've ever heard anyone try to pass off as a true story and im including the terrible sabre tooth hedgehog that spent years killing farmers in sub Saharan Africa.

RTE reminding people how funny Graham Norton is right before going to commercial, while Norton is now on a rival station. Great logic.

I don't get the logic that people think a Graham Norton style show would work instead of Late Late show. The man is hilarious at what he does but it is all short brief anecdotes and jokes, with no serious element to it at all. Its only really 40 minutes or so of chat that is aired with 3 or 4 guests and it is heavily edited (doesn't go out live) to ensure all the content is funny. He also gets the top celebrity guests (Amanda Holden being an exception!) due to the fact the show is aired in the UK and film producers aren't going to promoge big movies in Ireland. He is on a huge wage also (almost 3 million). Could you imagine the uproar if RTE paid a presenter that much.

Personally I like the traditional format of the LLS, with a mixture of sport, entertainment, real stories, politics, cultural issues etc.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have the right presenter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Christine Bleakley.
    Could be Melanie Sykes.

Both stunning:D

First question:
    "Is it hard to stay thin with that fat b*stard in the house"
    Follow up:
    "How many times has John Terry tried it on with you"

was just gonna say, who is better terry or lampsy ??:D:D

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Beautiful woman. Pity she's engaged to a brain dead arrogant plank

She is married to Frank Lampard who is a very bright for a footballer. I know someone who worked at Chelsea when he was there.
    Christine Bleakley.
    Could be Melanie Sykes.

Reminds me of Alex Jones from 'The One Show'.

Can we see her ears? Has a bit of the look of a vulcan about her.

I'd love to travel the wild Atlantic way. :)

If Aoibhinn ní Shúilleabháin is my tour guide. :D

Both stunning:D

Both with dodgy ex-boyfriends. Adrian Chiles and Mick Hucknall

The Academic...will their music make the grade?

Heh heh.

Heh. :cool:

*applauds*

Was the most outlandishly ridiculous and unbelievable story I've ever heard anyone try to pass off as a true story and im including the terrible sabre tooth hedgehog that spent years killing farmers in sub Saharan Africa.

Most ridiculous story since I (me being renowned for my hilarious japes) told my brother that golfer Payne Stewart's plane crashed after he got impatient in advance of an upcoming tournament, and started whacking golf balls round the fuselage of the plane, putting one through the cabin window causing a massive decompression and subsequent plane crash.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

"Typical Irish" - is there a LLS bingo card?

Berserker wrote: »

Reminds me of Alex Jones from 'The One Show'.

Yum yum. She's nice too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A great great player in fairness.

I think he was on about the fact that it goes jingle jangle, and if you listen carefully you can hear it all along the banks of the Royal canal. So he thinks anyway. But who are we to question the Lord Mayor.

Ah, Fat Frank.

Thank God he left Chelsea, I can finally admit that I really admire the fella.

"The Man City adjustment, is that a huge emotional adjustment"..
    *faceplam number one*
    "Well it's not bad, cos it's only up the road"
    *faceplam number two*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

"Typical Irish" - is there a LLS bingo card?

"You sunk my battleship!"

No wait..

"No Frank actually hates Ireland. Hated the Blarney Stone. Had to drag him to the Cliffs of Moher. He couldn't get out quick enough"

Berserker wrote: »
    She is married to Frank Lampard who is a very bright for a footballer

Not married yet. She still has time to do herself a favour

• Advertisement

He has three months off over the Christmas!!! I dont think his waistline will recover from that..

"The Man City adjustment, is that a huge emotional adjustment"..
    *faceplam number one*
    "Well it's not bad, cos it's only up the road"
    *faceplam number two*

Did he say something about different colour jerseys?

Jeeeeeeeez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That sounds very.. awkward!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That sounds very.. awkward!

Ah, it's being handled well.

By Christine.

I dont think the show could be any more choreographed if it was pre-recorded...

Here we go with the clips again..

clip time

• Advertisement

She seems nice, very down to earth.

Don't know anything about her but don't think she comes across as a brain dead plank at all? Opposite if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

She should never have went to ITV tbh.

She was good in that in fairness..

He has three months off over the Christmas!!! I dont think his waistline will recover from that..

I was at an MLS game the other week. Frank will still excel at that level with the Christmas waistline. Another week in the bag. Til next week have a good one all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement