Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does your username mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sam is my dogs name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

I was a kid during the era when people were obsessed with nuclear war. Not the early 60s, the other such era: the 80s.

I also find all that stuff interesting. Only a very surface knowledge of the politics, but stuff like Threads interests me grimly.

how much is a nuclear bomb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

It reflects my Irish rural roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

A fondness for the sauce.

Let the record show the witness made the "Drinky-Drinky" motion.

A fondness for the sauce.

Let the record show the witness made the "Drinky-Drinky" motion.

don't come crying to me when you get refused health insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

In memory of my great grandmother, on my father's side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

how much is a nuclear bomb?
    I told you, I only know about sh-t like Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Elton John videos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

In memory of my great grandmother, on my father's side.

Boll0x. I always thought it was a car reference..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Ugh not really :o.. Just the town Im from nd live in:D

• Advertisement

I told you, I only know about sh-t like Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Elton John videos!

all right i'll swap ya for a pony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Someone else who disagrees with free markets? Nice.

Mine? It means the dark horse. I joined the site hoping to get info about doing a J1. Got my first warning by bumping an old thread with my very first post. Memories.
    Funny thing is, I agree with them, and am probably more of an ardent supporter of them than most of the people I debate with :)
    Depending on how selectively you look at my views and peoples own political tint, I can appear as a raging capitalist, or a raving communist (though the former views don't get to have much airtime in debates I'm in - ideally I'd support zero corporate tax with greatly limited income tax - but that's impossible in the EU).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Mountains and heather.
    Because I'm a hopeless romantic, love the looks of them, and that's where I live.
    That, and on the day I registered for some reason I couldn't go further than the "h".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

all right i'll swap ya for a pony
    80s girls - My Little Pony and swapping note-paper.
    (Presume that's what you're referring to).

Mountains and heather.
    Because I'm a hopeless romantic, love the looks of them, and that's where I live.
    That, and on the day I registered for some reason I couldn't go further than the "h".

sshhh, everybody is gone to bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It's your man on the Late Late, he'd lull a hyper toddler to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'm female and from ..Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Because... I play the bodhran. Noodle toodle. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Pub where I live....

Cork Lass wrote: »

blue eyes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

I'll refrain from posting in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Geniass

Cork Lass wrote: »

Mind = blown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

My name comes from a generic video game character in WWE v RAW (I think.) When you created your own wrestler you had a choice of names which were all pretty naff. I picked 'Dangerous Man' for some reason. His signature move was a kick to the groin. When he did his signature move, the announcer, Taz, or the other guy would yell 'KICK TO THE GROIN! KICK TO THE GROIN!' as though kicking someone in the groin was somehow spectacular.

The effect was spectacular though.

Other reason is that I'm a clumsy bastard and have been pretty dangerous to myself down the years. Kind of fits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'm a bigmouth that harbours idle fantasies about bludgeoning the odd person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm a good looking slut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

It's testament to a certain skill I possess.
    You're not wrong :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

osarusan wrote: »
    I have a hairy chest that pokes out over the collar of my shirts/t-shirts, much to the surprise of Japanese people.

One girl called me 'Mr. Monkey' in Japanese, which is osarusan.

I always wondered!

It's in homage to ladies with beards. I worked with one when I worked in Pret A Manger in Edinburgh during the Summer and Autumn of 2005.

I've always wanted to experience having one muself, even for a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

testicle wrote: »
    I'll refrain from posting in this thread.

You think yours is awkward, I didn't realise my username was a euphemism for a penis until someone else pointed it out to me (the euphemism I mean, not their penis).

I still have both eyes, only one of 'em actually works though, hence the name ;)

It's a pet name my family call me. Because I'm sweet.

anncoates wrote: »

aha, but can u be bribed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Have you got demakinz of a joint?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Keyinn7

My name is Cian and years ago when I used to play Xbox Live Americans kept calling me every name under the sun except Cian some examples include.
    SeeAnn
    Clan
    Si-an

It wrecked my head so I came up with Keyinn so they could pronounce it properly ! And I've used it as a username for pretty much everything since !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... it's quite hard to explain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

A tribute to one of my favourite bands, and a reference to my eating habits!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Reference to a Dara O'Briain joke...the 2 because I got locked out of the original account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

blue eyes?
    Absolutely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

I have an obsession with wrestling. It just felt like if I ever got to wrestle for a local promotion I'd get one of these generic wrestling names like carlow bruiser or carlow smasher or carlow hammer or something else which conjures up images of ruthless aggression yet at the same time subtly reminding the audience of the geographical location whence I'm from...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

It means someone else had the one I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When Halflife multiplayer first came out, I used to play it in a local LAN cafe. I used to run into a room where I knew the enemy was, after I had pulled the pin on the grenade. One of the enemy called me a "syco", and the name stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

anncoates wrote: »

I give up. What does your name mean? It's been annoying me for months but it seemed a bit inelegant to just ask you apropos of nothing. I was praying you'd post in this thread so I'd have an in. Explain it! I hate not getting things!

I give up. What does your name mean? It's been annoying me for months but it seemed a bit inelegant to just ask you apropos of nothing. I was praying you'd post in this thread so I'd have an in. Explain it! I hate not getting things!

i might be just speculating here, but i find the best (weakest)(strongest)poker players from eastern europe (ukraine) try to disguise their identity by playing a false username,

goodnight losers/winners:D, AAAAK 88866

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

i might be just speculating here, but i find the best (weakest)(strongest)poker players from eastern europe (ukraine) try to disguise their identity by playing a false username,

Was that supposed to make me less confused

Was that supposed to make me less confused

go to bed

edited to add, the best you have is a pair of jacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Someone else who disagrees with free markets? Nice.

Mine? It means the dark horse. I joined the site hoping to get info about doing a J1. Got my first warning by bumping an old thread with my very first post. Memories.

Cool name.

Free markets rock though, let the strong prosper and no protectionism.

This fosters evolution based on the Darwinian principles of natural selection - which have served us well till now.. Would you rather we hadn't evolved to be sentient beings having a discussion via the internet?

garra wrote: »
    Cool name.

Free markets rock though, let the strong prosper and no protectionism.

This fosters evolution based on the Darwinian principles of natural selection - which have served us well till now.. Would you rather we hadn't evolved to be sentient beings having a discussion via the internet?

AAQQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

AAQQ

I've googled that acronym and it doesn't exist, so just keep evolving kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I'd tell you all but to be fair, it's nacho business.
    I give up. What does your name mean?
    I make a lot of mistakes but don't let my regular fcuk ups get me down.

Tell the truth. You're a big Hugh Grant fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Does your username mean anything?

Real life nickname.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

Ace the man of a million faces? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

It's used by a few different people online for various things. So it's not just me.

It has meaning. It references my spiritual side. But it's also used by others online so it's not too identifying.

Also I am a lady. I treat people with respect and expect it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement