Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 car charger

• 24-04-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Does anyone know if this car charger is compatible with iPhone 5?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

No that's micro usb. You need a lightning one. I wouldn't buy the one in Argos as its €27.99 and you would get a good brand one for slightly less.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

guil wrote: »
    No that's micro usb. You need a lightning one. I wouldn't buy the one in Argos as its €27.99 and you would get a good brand one for slightly less.

Something like this: http://store.apple.com/ie/product/HB630ZM/A/griffin-powerjolt-se-with-lightning-connector?fnode=46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Cianmcliam

If you have a spare lightning cable or can get one at a good price Maplins are doing a very cheap deal on a combined car and home charger for the 30 pin connections, it was €12 or so during the week. The car charger supplies 2.1A and seems to charge my iPhone 5 as quick as the Apple one I use at home. Very handy having an extra charger at home that can charge iPhones, iPads, Samsung etc. with the right cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Tesco were selling them for €24.99 as well. They are really good and charge very fast. I've had 2 but burnt them out in trucks.

Cianmcliam wrote: »
    If you have a spare lightning cable or can get one at a good price Maplins are doing a very cheap deal on a combined car and home charger for the 30 pin connections, it was €12 or so during the week. The car charger supplies 2.1A and seems to charge my iPhone 5 as quick as the Apple one I use at home. Very handy having an extra charger at home that can charge iPhones, iPads, Samsung etc. with the right cable.

Do you have a link for that Malpin's one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you're near a tk maxx have a look there, often have branded lighting car chargers (like belkin) for around €10.

From reading other threads, I can use the USB slot in the car.

I'm just looking to buy a spare lightning charger that is compatible with iOS 8.3.

Advertisement