Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginger Wildhearts gig in Sugarclub

Options
  • 24-04-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hey,

anyone at the Ginger Wildhear'ts gig in Sugarclub this evening (24 April). Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Coburger wrote: »
    Hey,

anyone at the Ginger Wildhear'ts gig in Sugarclub this evening (24 April). Any thoughts?

Any thoughts? Yeah, i'd sack his promoter, no advertising at all for this, never knew about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Any links to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Passenger wrote: »
    Any links to this?

Just found the date on his website

http://www.gingerwildheart.net/

Ridiculous that whoever was promoting it didn't do their job, wouldn't surprise me if there was under 20 there

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Ah FFS, had no idea he was here at all !

Seems it wasn't the greatest of nights for him, he was a bit grumpy on Twitter after the gig.

He should have brought Courtney Love with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

IMHO, it wasn't the greatest of gigs. I know it was 'advertised' as Songs and Words but there were a lot more words than songs.

He would tell anecdotes about his career in a chronological order and play a medley of songs in between. The problem was that the medleys were very short, I'd guess a minute of a song before it would merge into another song - so maybe a medley of two and a half minutes and them more chat.
    Some of the stories were amusing, some of them less so, but the talk could go on, to what seemed like ten or fifteen minutes.

During one of these stories he stopped and asked a couple at the front to stop talking or to get out, that he would pay them to leave.

To be honest, for someone who has been in the music industry for so long, I thought he should have been more professional. I'd hate to think of the embarrassment for these two. So yeah, they were talking (they weren't the only ones and I didn't even hear them) but he really went on a rant. Some guy at the back shouted for him to play more music and he went on that if people were unhappy they could leave and be paid to leave. He did make a comment about why people didn't 'come over here' to play gigs which came across as quite disrespectful. But telling people to "f***ing leave" and saying the "c**ts" was a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Coburger wrote: »
    During one of these stories he stopped and asked a couple at the front to stop talking or to get out, that he would pay them to leave.

To be honest, for someone who has been in the music industry for so long, I thought he should have been more professional. I'd hate to think of the embarrassment for these two. So yeah, they were talking (they weren't the only ones and I didn't even hear them) but he really went on a rant. Some guy at the back shouted for him to play more music and he went on that if people were unhappy they could leave and be paid to leave. He did make a comment about why people didn't 'come over here' to play gigs which came across as quite disrespectful. But telling people to "f***ing leave" and saying the "c**ts" was a bit much.

By your description it sounds like nobody missed much and were better off giving the gig a wide berth.

Were there many people in attendance, incidentally?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Passenger wrote: »
    By your description it sounds like nobody missed much and were better off giving the gig a wide berth.

Were there many people in attendance, incidentally?

IMHO it wasn't so great a gig. The Sugar Club seemed full enough, a hundred, maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I had no idea it was on either! Ah well, grumpy, rambling, and disrespectful is a shame, it will probably be a while before he's back so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,578 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Blast, missed this too. Only found out about it today.
    Doesn't sound like Ginger to be moaning about people having a laugh. He's usually decent and approachable and just gets on with any banter in the crowd.
    This is his second small turn out gig here (well the other one for Silverginger 5 was canceled in advance). Can't imagine he'll come again which is a pity. His acoustic shows are usually awesome.

Advertisement