Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Match day Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I wonder who the false 9 for Chelsea will be

Chelsea substitutes v Arsenal: Cech, Filipe Luis, Zouma, Mikel, Loftus-Cheek, Cuadrado, Drogba. #CFC

Hopefully Fab as Ramires and Matic can be the defensive pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Nib wrote: »
    Hazard up front with Fabregas just behind.

I like.

Be interesting to see how this plays out. The other day someone was saying they wouldn't captain Hazard if they thought he was playing in the "forward" role. Got to be good for him from a big chances pov if it is him in that spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Nib wrote: »
    Hazard up front with Fabregas just behind.

I like.

Possibly the other way around. Fabregas has more experience in that role than hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

rooney has an icepack strapped to his knee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Come on ManU, just get a goal

• Advertisement

FT Everton 3-0 Man Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Bugger. H2H will be closer than I want now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Come on ManU, just get a goal

Nooo! I need the clean sheet, hold on lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Just seen a rival has baines as captain and not a hazard owner :)

Assist and a clean sheet... I'm going for a walk..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Well good man Baines. You're not a bad lad after all!!
    Hanging on by the skin of his teeth for a bonus too but I'll take the 9 thank you very much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hazard(c), Fabregas and Ivanovic up now.
    Wouldn't mind if Arsenal scored as almost everyone has a Chelsea defender, and quite a few have doubled up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmii wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how this plays out. The other day someone was saying they wouldn't captain Hazard if they thought he was playing in the "forward" role. Got to be good for him from a big chances pov if it is him in that spot.

it was me and I'm worried if he is up top.
    it will not suit him. how would it ? back to goal etc etc
    I also have fabregas and hope its him even though he is a nice differential.
    most likely they will rotate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It's all about Hazard and Fab for me now. Even though I have Terry would prefer Chelsea concede as both rivals have doubled up.

km79 wrote: »
    it was me and I'm worried if he is up top.
    it will not suit him. how would it ? back to goal etc etc
    I also have fabregas and hope its him even though he is a nice differential.
    most likely they will rotate

Yeh presumably they will move around and it will be quite fluid. Definitely not a great position for him from a pure football point of view but you would think it would be good in respects of him being in a position to have a few big chances it may well be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    It looks increasingly likely that Didier Drogba will be the only fit striker when #CFC travel to the Emirates on Sunday

Remy & Costa have not progressed as hoped & the pair face a race against time for Wednesdays' game. Solanke will provide back-up #CFC

@BenDinnery

They were pretty awful with Drogba up front the last time. Hazard or Fab false 9 possible?

Might I be permitted to cheer myself up by noting that I totally called it yesterday! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Oscar starts in the role, Fabregas playing alongside Matic...

Oscar starts in the role, Fabregas playing alongside Matic...

Happy from haz point of view
    Not so much with fabregas!

Ivan VERY lucky not to get a yellow :D

If any other player on the pitch cleans oscar out like ospina did it's a foul
    Stone wall pen turned down

Was about to say the exact same thing. How can that not be a foul? You can't give a player a pass on such a poorly timed challenge just because they are a GK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

that happens in nearly every single match when a goalkeeper comes out to confront a player - and the player shoots, the keeps momentum brings him into the player - i wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again and i bet the commentators won't say anything, or will say "the ball was going off target".

Was about to say the exact same thing. How can that not be a foul? You can't give a player a pass on such a poorly timed challenge just because they are a GK.

basically a flying punch and headbutt after the ball is gone !
    I want my hazard penalty damn it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

that was a clearcut pen

Ace2007 wrote: »
    that happens in nearly every single match when a goalkeeper comes out to confront a player - and the player shoots, the keeps momentum brings him into the player - i wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again and i bet the commentators won't say anything, or will say "the ball was going off target".

this one was different. he was extremely late . it was not just momentum

fabregas booked

I bet they don't. If that happened every match we would have a lot of penalties.

fabregas booked

for being fouled in the box
    rage building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Another penalty denied! Oliver is having a shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

This is a fecking terrible week.

• Advertisement

It looks like a Chelsea player is going to need to get picked up and body slammed into the ref to for him to consider giving them a penalty today!

zarquon wrote: »
    Another penalty denied! Oliver is having a shocker!

he is costing me points ! lots of precious points

km79 wrote:
    he is costing me points ! lots of precious points

Me too. 14 point swing there assuming Hazard would have scored

this one was different. he was extremely late . it was not just momentum

Your saying it was different because it was extremely late, which implies that if it was just a split second late, you wouldn't see it as a penalty?
    I bet they don't. If that happened every match we would have a lot of penalties.

Keepers who come out for corners miss the ball but clean out strikers happen a lot of the time and never penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

How many cards is that for Fab?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Shane732 wrote: »
    How many cards is that for Fab?

10 I think, the deadline for the suspension for 10 yellows has passed

• Advertisement

Your saying it was different because it was extremely late, which implies that if it was just a split second late, you wouldn't see it as a penalty?

Keepers who come out for corners miss the ball but clean out strikers happen a lot of the time and never penalties.
    I'm saying he had time not to follow through but chose to.......so he intentionally hit him with both fists!
    I also think that in the majority of cases a penalty should be given .
    if a player commits to a tackle out the pitch and is beat to the ball its a foul.
    If a keeper is beat to the ball and punches someone in the head I also think its a penalty. every time . why would it not be

The difference is at corners it is the player getting in the keeper's way and causing an obstruction which is why you so often seeing the gk getting a foul whereas in this case it was the keeper getting in the attackers way and causing the obstruction. Sure this done now none of it realy matters! If nothing else it gives Jose some material we'll surely hear about his view of it later!

I'm saying he had time not to follow through but chose to.......so he intentionally hit him with both fists!
    I also think that in the majority of cases a penalty should be given .
    if a player commits to a tackle out the pitch and is beat to the ball its a foul.
    If a keeper is beat to the ball and punches someone in the head I also think its a penalty. every time . why would it not be

I agree but if you are giving penalties for that you have to give for all, i don't think i've ever seen a penalty given when a keep comes out for a corner or free kick, misses the ball for cleans out opposition players - which happens in nearly every match.

Now Do you think Cahill handball was a penalty? accidental handball in middle of field would be given, why not for a penalty?

I agree but if you are giving penalties for that you have to give for all, i don't think i've ever seen a penalty given when a keep comes out for a corner or free kick, misses the ball for cleans out opposition players - which happens in nearly every match.

Now Do you think Cahill handball was a penalty? accidental handball in middle of field would be given, why not for a penalty?

yes cos his hand was up !
    the ref is having a shocker

Totally agree in handballs often it's a free kick any time it touches the hand but in the box the ball almost needs to be caught!

• Advertisement

Totally agree in handballs often it's a free kick any time it touches the hand but in the box the ball almost needs to be caught!

Chelsea defenders have a habit of spreading themselves in their box goalie style and "accidentally" handling the ball! I think Cahill did it twice in a game already this season and Terrybis prone to it as well :D

I'm going to regret my last minute switch of sub's if schlupp misses out
    played Bertrand and switched alder up to 2nd sub ahead of bellerin!
    he is playing really well. close to an assist twice .
    at this stage I'll prob end up keeping him for the dgw rather than wasting a few transfers trying to get kos in

drogba coming on for oscar

I'm going to regret my last minute switch of sub's if schlupp misses out
    played Bertrand and switched alder up to 2nd sub ahead of bellerin!
    he is playing really well. close to an assist twice .
    at this stage I'll prob end up keeping him for the dgw rather than wasting a few transfers trying to get kos in

I'm hoping Schlupp is injured cos I have Wasi first sub. Be handy like. :o

Could really use a few goals right now.

willian booked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Arsenal goal and Something from Hazard would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ivan booked.

Ivanovic booked :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If Chelsea get the clean sheet that's the 4 dgw teams with a clean sheet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement