Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Match day Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

-8 to bring in Morgan, Skrtel and Azpi, seemed weird doing all defensive changes.
    All scored a symetrically perfect 9. Probably the greatest achievement of my life.

Can see Luis starting mid week

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Up to 824 with 46. Remy is killing me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

13 points today sees a slight drop but still in top 10k. 66.

10 left to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Down 1k today to ~25k.
    iroced wrote: »
    Top 10k is from 1897 pts. I'm 33 pts off. I was 40 pts off last week.
    Back to 40 pts now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy wrote: »
    13 points today sees a slight drop but still in top 10k. 66.

10 left to play.

Sounds like a season changing week. Fair play, you could have a huge score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Screen_Shot_2015_04_26_at_22_18_27.png

I just had a look at my gameweek history. Couldn't fit in the first 4 weeks but they were 1.1m -> 255k -> 216k -> 123k.

It's actually outrageously consistent. I've been within the same 3000 places since September. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

40 with no hits.

16 today from Baines and Terry made it a kinda respectable score.

Got 6 DGW ' s to go but question marks over 2 of them - One is Costa and the other is Moreno. Lescott on the bench with 7 if Moreno doesn't play mid week.

zlvwwi.jpg

Only one DGWer so far. Depressing for the ones, like me, who went heavy on them (and N'Doye is not one of them)... Hopefully Tuesday and Wednesday nights will see many changes in this DT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Your playing it very safe there, good team value, it wouldn't take a miracle to get into the top 5k for a top, top FPL player like yourself.:p At least you have to aim to beat last year.

Can't see where the ground will be made up. And I'm still a wet behind the ears rookie as I'm sure you know!

Be delighted to break the 8k, can't see 5k and a 10k plus is not unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

44 (-8) with 9 to play, if Schlupp and Moreno want to sit out midweek, i will have 10 coming in from bench so hoping for that. Really want both to miss than just one of them.

Morgan has been a hero of a signing for me since getting him in last GW - 20 points from a guy who before that had an average of 1.8 per game before that :), If Sterling wanted to score against hull it would be most welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote: »
    I spent most of the season watching in envy as Ivanovic marauded down the right wing and into opposition box time after time hoovering up BP
    I contented myself with Terry and his pretty standard 6 points
    After a brief period with no Chelsea defender around the time of their blank I decided to stump up ye extra cash
    He has been a disaster so far
    No goals assist or bonus
    2 clean sheets and 3 yellows I think
    Weds better his time to shine for me :D
    Chelsea always keep it tight against the top teams. He'll be back playing right wing against Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

up 2000 places after the results today to 14.5k. Very happy with that result. Hopefully more to come from during the week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Chelsea always keep it tight against the top teams. He'll be back playing right wing against Leicester.

I'm now worried he may be rested ! Luis will prob get a game ......hopefully for azpi but azpi can always play RB
    prob just being paranoid

I'm now worried he may be rested ! Luis will prob get a game ......hopefully for azpi but azpi can always play RB
    prob just being paranoid

I doubt it, they can win the league if they get the 3 points. Not a good time to be resting players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

61 pts see's a rise to 9.8k, with 9 players to go :-)

SantryRed wrote: »
    I just had a look at my gameweek history. Couldn't fit in the first 4 weeks but they were 1.1m -> 255k -> 216k -> 123k.

It's actually outrageously consistent. I've been within the same 3000 places since September. :pac:

Mine was not dissimilar until GW 31 where I dropped 5,000 places and haven't been able to get them back. Before that I spent 20 weeks in or just outside 5k, 7 of those inside 1k with a high of 343 in the world.

Like Paully I think it was in another post it's harder to enjoy a potential top 10k finish from that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Can't see where the ground will be made up. And I'm still a wet behind the ears rookie as I'm sure you know!

Be delighted to break the 8k, can't see 5k and a 10k plus is not unlikely.

There aren't too many points between 5k and 10k. You just need Albrighton to pull a Phillips and you're there most likely

There aren't too many points between 5k and 10k. You just need Albrighton to pull a Phillips and you're there most likely

This is why I was so elated and then gutted over the lost assist (really? I've mentioned it before you say!?), given it would have been and og he'd probably have scored a couple of bonus too.

Needed to get one of those kind of things right this DGW and looks unlikely now. N'Doye was the place to be, and big kudos to those who spotted that opportunity.

FHFC wrote: »
    This is why I was so elated and then gutted over the lost assist (really? I've mentioned it before you say!?), given it would have been and og he'd probably have scored a couple of bonus too.

Needed to get one of those kind of things right this DGW and looks unlikely now. N'Doye was the place to be, and big kudos to those who spotted that opportunity.

Nah, he would have missed out on baps by 1 BPS to Huth (who I see you also have so it was a 4 point swing....). Hopefully we see some fireworks in the midweek matches (as long as it isn't a Coutinho brace or something) since it's been all about the DGW defences thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I thought about N'Doye or Vardy for Remy on Friday night but ended up leaving it and was away to a wedding Saturday so didn't look at it. That's life.
    41 so far with no hits. Awful again and will lose more ground.
    I'm just hoping folks around me in the Harps league took lots of hits!

I doubt it, they can win the league if they get the 3 points. Not a good time to be resting players.

They can't actually win the league on Wednesday.

Looks like that Vardy insider info was actually true!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3056626/Nigel-Pearson-refuses-rule-playing-weakened-against-Chelsea-Leicester-manager-looks-perform-great-escape.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

‘My focus is Leicester City, we will always do what is best for us,’ he said. ‘If we need to freshen it up, we will. [David] Nugent is injured, [Jeff] Schlupp is injured, Vardy had an injection in his foot just before the game. We will assess it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

53 points so far.

No hits and 7 players to go in the next two games.

5th week of green arrows in a row.
    Up to 130k from 440k a month ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3056626/Nigel-Pearson-refuses-rule-playing-weakened-against-Chelsea-Leicester-manager-looks-perform-great-escape.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

‘My focus is Leicester City, we will always do what is best for us,’ he said. ‘If we need to freshen it up, we will. [David] Nugent is injured, [Jeff] Schlupp is injured, Vardy had an injection in his foot just before the game. We will assess it.

So pretty much Schlupp won't be playing, 7 points from Vardy is still good return even if he misses the next game.

Poor form from them though if he does put on a weaken team, Hull winning at weekend will give them great confidence, and last thing Leicester need is for their goal difference to take a hammering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Well that weekend was a big load of Meh.

40 (-4) sees me drop 1k, not sure if I'll recover it this week either. Only have 5 left to go again and none of them are real differentials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Can they win the League Wednesday night? Last week it was said they had to "win" both games and they only drew yesterday. I was presuming they can't win it Wednesday night now.

Rival has doubled up on Liverpool and Chelsea so I could do with Leicester and Hull scoring. I also won't be too upset if Schlupp misses out. Kane to sub in. Rival has Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    Can they win the League Wednesday night? Last week it was said they had to "win" both games and they only drew yesterday. I was presuming they can't win it Wednesday night now.

Rival has doubled up on Liverpool and Chelsea so I could do with Leicester and Hull scoring. I also won't be too upset if Schlupp misses out. Kane to sub in. Rival has Sanchez.

they needed 2 wins so most likely win it at home to palace.
    if they were to lose weds night then they could win it at home to Liverpool
    wouldn't mourinho just love that........

Vardy can't be too bad if he played the full 90. Leicester have 4 wins on the trot. They have to go for it vs Chelsea. No point dampening the spirit putting out a weakened side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Those who captained Hazard surely can't be calling him a fail yet? 3 points was pretty much my expectation for the first game. I'm nearly licking my lips at what he could do to Leicester because they HAVE to go for it. They have to try and take 3 points from the game and commit men forward and there's going to be some lovely gaps at the back that Hazard will be able to exploit.

they needed 2 wins so most likely win it at home to palace.
    if they were to lose weds night then they could win it at home to Liverpool
    wouldn't mourinho just love that........
    I could have sworn the commentator on Sky said a win vs Leicester would be enough to win the league. Anyway they'll still play their best 11 until it's wrapped up.

• Advertisement

I heard on the radio earlier that five points are needed to secure the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

AdMMM wrote: »
    Those who captained Hazard surely can't be calling him a fail yet? 3 points was pretty much my expectation for the first game. I'm nearly licking my lips at what he could do to Leicester because they HAVE to go for it. They have to try and take 3 points from the game and commit men forward and there's going to be some lovely gaps at the back that Hazard will be able to exploit.

They don't have to go for it! Yes it is a free shot at 3 pts but I'd be pretty sure they would be happy with a point.

Like against Burnley & Swansea they will try to keep it as tight for as long as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

46 points, no hits.

Mignolet, Terry, Schlupp? , Hazard(c), Sterling and Vardy to go

46912 overall ranking

Well, so far it is a fail. Of course it can all have changed by Wednesday night (like Kane in the 1st DGW of the season) but as long as I'm not seeing the points I'm not interested in the coulda/woulda/shoulda :p.

FWIW, this article reckons that Schlupp will be back:

http://ghanasportsonline.com/index.php/other-sports/item/4531-ghana’s-jeffery-schlupp-makes-quick-injury-return-for-leicester-city’s-trip-to-chelsea
    Leicester City defender Jeffery Schlupp has been confirmed fit to feature in his side’s Premier League fixture against Chelsea.

Schlupp suffered a knock at training which ruled him out of Leicester City’s weekend League game against Burnley at the King Power Stadium.

The 23-year-old who was earlier reported to stay out for some weeks has thus made a quick return for the Foxes trip to London.

His return will serve as a massive boost for Coach Nigel Pearson who is eager to help the side avoid relegation.

The Ghanaian international has made 28 appearances so far this season scoring 3 goals.

Lemlin wrote: »

Well the Skibereen Chronicle has him as definitely out although they have high hopes for their Leicester player of the season David Nugent.☺

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well the Skibereen Chronicle has him as definitely out although they have high hopes for their Leicester player of the season David Nugent.☺

Tut tut. I believe you mean The Southern Star there Swiper :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Southern_Star_%28County_Cork%29

A few Schlupp assists for the lone ranger that'll be Kramaric will be pretty sweet though come Wednesday night.

A few Schlupp assists for the lone ranger that'll be Kramaric will be pretty sweet though come Wednesday night.

I reckon Kramaric will start, possibly for Vardy or Ulloa. He was close to signing for Chelsea so surely that will motivate him.

Perhaps it was the bailieborough gazette so. Surprised Lemlin hasn't seen it. 😀

Perhaps it was the bailieborough gazette so. Surprised Lemlin hasn't seen it. 😀

Shame on you. We have The Anglo Celt in these regions.

https://www.irishnewsarchive.com/anglo-celt-newspaper-archive
    The Anglo-Celt is one of Ireland's oldest continuing regional newspapers. The newspaper prospered despite financially turbulent beginnings. In fact the newspaper suspended publication for six years in the 1850's. It was not until 1865 when the O'Hanlon family took control of the newspapers that its future was more assured. The paper was sold to the Celtic-Media group in 2004; however the family continues to have a strong relationship with the title with John O'Hanlon as its Managing Editor, the fourth generation of O'Hanlon to hold the post. The Anglo-Celt archives are a wonderful resource for all those interested in family genealogical research with their detailed Births, Deaths (obituaries) and marriages. The provincial press was also far less censored by the British authorities than their national equivalent. As a result they give both the professional and amateur historian a unique perspective of Ireland's turbulent past as well as the local impact of major national and international events.

• Advertisement

Right so:mad:
    In my best effort to flog a dead horse I think it may actually have been the Ballybofey Telegraph (it's not like anyone will be able to contradict me this time:P)

Right so:mad:
    In my best effort to flog a dead horse I think it may actually have been the Ballybofey Telegraph (it's not like anyone will be able to contradict me this time:P)

Finn Valley Voice is what you're lookin for I reckon...but there's only one football team making the headlines in that publication at present. The do wear blue though. .... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Hmmm, not too sure how to feel. 32 (-4) with Hazard (c), Terry, Fab, Sterling, Hendo and Moreno still to play their DGW. If Moreno doesn't play, I'll have Dawson coming in with 5pts. Probably an average score overall.

https://twitter.com/OfficialFOXES/status/592677752353984515

NP: "We'll have to assess Nugent and Schlupp to see if they're available for the Chelsea and Newcastle games." #LeiChe

https://twitter.com/OfficialFOXES/status/592677752353984515

NP: "We'll have to assess Nugent and Schlupp to see if they're available for the Chelsea and Newcastle games." #LeiChe

Would suit me if Schlupp doesn't make it. I'd prefer if Nugent did though. Rival has Ulloa up front and I was hoping he'd be back on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Video of Remy doing a jog in a swimming pool posted to Instagram - http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/04/watch-chelsea-striker-loic-remy-work-on-comeback-from-injury/

Apparently that's him working hard to be fit for Leicester on Wednesday. Suits me for him to just miss out though... sorry Loic!

Video of Remy doing a jog in a swimming pool posted to Instagram - http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/04/watch-chelsea-striker-loic-remy-work-on-comeback-from-injury/

Apparently that's him working hard to be fit for Leicester on Wednesday. Suits me for him to just miss out though... sorry Loic!

Should this not be in the "Signs you're addicted to FPL" thread?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Hoping schlupp doesn't play at this stage, have cresswell 6 points waiting to sub in.

Costa was swimming pool training a fortnight ago and hasn't featured
    https://adamrobinson434.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/social-sunday-april-12-2015/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

I cant let these fantasy football managers down

swimming_A309.jpg

Advertisement