Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Match day Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I cant let these fantasy football managers down

swimming_A309.jpg

I skipped several pages of this thread and this is the first thing I see. Ye what...

Just came on to say I'm desperately hoping and praying Schlupp's injured. Work's been mental so I've had no time to waste/spend on FPL. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

I skipped several pages of this thread and this is the first thing I see. Ye what...

Same here. I thought Andy Carroll was going to make an end of season cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Nib wrote: »
    Same here. I thought Andy Carroll was going to make an end of season cameo.

Was just about to post the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I had my wildcard to play, so I thought "sure why not use it this week with so many double games!"

I sold Pelle (13pts) and I have Myhill, Chester, Chadli & Cresswell all on the bench @ 30pts................aghhhhh............I'm the worst manager........ever !!! :o:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I had my wildcard to play, so I thought "sure why not use it this week with so many double games!"

I sold Pelle (13pts) and I have Myhill, Chester, Chadli & Cresswell all on the bench @ 30pts................aghhhhh............I'm the worst manager........ever !!! :o:(:mad:
    DGWs are the full moons of the Fantasy Football world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Up 200 more places thanks to Terrivanovic. Skrtel, Hendo, Sterling, Hazard(c), Terrivanovic, Schemeichel, Vardy to play again so I'm optimistic of holding onto the greenie. A big H2H comes to down my 3 points+Vardy+Schemeichel+Hendo v Coutinho so I really need him not to go mental on Tuesday.

Presume that's the boards pay h2h! Looks like a Sterling & Coutinho wonder show is all that will stop there being just 1 pt between us! All to play for in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Only 2 teams (#BoardsFSA & #PeruAddicts) start on Positive figures as the Last 16 gets away
    #FPLAcademyTeamCup

We lead by 14 points going into tonight's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

AdpRo wrote: »
    Presume that's the boards pay h2h! Looks like a Sterling & Coutinho wonder show is all that will stop there being just 1 pt between us! All to play for in the next few weeks!

Yup, 3rd place also needs a performance from Sterling so I'll be nervously watching tonight. Ideally, we could have a 4 GW shootout for 1st place with both us guaranteed money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Skrtel hat-trick tonight would be life-changing

I'm not greedy, I'll take one goal, cleanie, and three baps ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

3 assists from Mig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Need a good night tonight 4 playing tonight and only 2 tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

4 players tonight and 6 tomorrow. The excitement!!!

I hope both sides go attack bonkers tonight!!! 5-4 to Hull please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    4 players tonight and 6 tomorrow. The excitement!!!

I hope both sides go attack bonkers tonight!!! 5-4 to Hull please!

just mig and henderson tonight
    I'd be happy for liverpool to lose with a henderson goal and save points for mig!
    tomorrow I have captain haz,fabregas, ivanovic and possibly schlupp and cambiaso but I'm not counting on either after Pearson's comments !

Skrtl, Hendo and Sterling on tonight.

Hoping Liverpool can raise their game terrifies me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Courtois missing out would be brilliant.

main rival has him, and then Ivan captained, while I just have JT.

Sterling and Hazard going nuts over the next 2 days would be lovely, or indeed a Lovren goal.

Amazingly, none of my rivals captained Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SlickRic wrote: »

Sterling and Hazard going nuts over the next 2 days would be lovely, or indeed a Lovren goal.

I need goals, goals, goals. Rival has 1 Hull, 2 Liverpool, 2 Chelsea and a Leicester defender. He went 5-4-1 for the GW.

Something from Henderson tonight would be wonderful. He was moved up behind Balotelli on Saturday and I can't see Stevie G starting two games in a week so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

A complete disaster would be Moreno and Remy making only cameo appearances. Either go on fire and outscore my subs, or don't play at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Another scoreless draw from the Pool tonight does me the world of good in my league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Not sure how much I'd trust that report. There's absolutely nothing factual in it, and they're basically just running with the fact that he had a heavy fall on Sunday. He seemed pretty fine after it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

As a Liverpool fan I'm keeping the faith on Top4 .. Hoping Sterling can get in on the act with a couple of goals.

He had an absolute stinker at Hull last year & receive plenty of criticism for that performance.. I know it spurred him last season hoping it's still in his head & wants to put things right :) (couldn't cut it a wet and windy night at Hull)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SlickRic wrote: »

Need Courtois out,Skrtel scoring while Liverpool concede,Ivan to assist a Hazard hat trick and Vardy with a consolation after Fabergas grabs a goal aswell.
    I'm not asking for much:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Schmeichel hattrick all assisted by Nugent too much to ask for tomorrow and Vardy to get sent off for throwing the ball at someone after missing his second penalty of the night and then getting into a scrap with Morgan and Vardy gets an unprecedented second red card of the match and Morgan also gets the second ever double red and Nugent gets the assist for both reds too.

jimmii wrote: »
    Schmeichel hattrick all assisted by Nugent too much to ask for tomorrow and Vardy to get sent off for throwing the ball at someone after missing his second penalty of the night and then getting into a scrap with Morgan and Vardy gets an unprecedented second red card of the match and Morgan also gets the second ever double red and Nugent gets the assist for both reds too.
    Having another bad week? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

AdMMM wrote: »
    Having another bad week? :p

No grand this week so far. Just be nice tis all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Kramaric is stoking the flames before Wednesday it seems, apparently saying something along the lines of rejecting them so that he could play real football. Now Pearson had better do the decent thing and start him.

My decision to get him in just looks better and better :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Bruce better start his son.

Bruce on bench again, looks like unchanged XI from their graphic

Allen replaces Gerrard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Confirmed #LFC team v @HullCity: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Sterling, Coutinho, Balotelli

Confirmed #LFC team v @HullCity: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Sterling, Coutinho, Balotelli
    Confirmed #LFC subs v @HullCity: Jones, Toure, Lambert, Manquillo, Lallana, Brannagan, Markovic

Hull team to play Liverpool: Harper, Chester, Dawson, McShane, Elmohamady, Livermore, Huddlestone, Quinn, Brady, N'Doye, Aluko. #SSNHQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Confirmed #LFC team v @HullCity: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Sterling, Coutinho, Balotelli Confirmed #LFC subs v @HullCity: Jones, Toure, Lambert, Manquillo, Lallana, Brannagan, Markovic

Hull team to play Liverpool: Harper, Chester, Dawson, McShane, Elmohamady, Livermore, Huddlestone, Quinn, Brady, N'Doye, Aluko. #SSNHQ

Confirmed #LFC team v @HullCity: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Allen, Henderson, Ibe, Sterling, Coutinho, Balotelli Confirmed #LFC subs v @HullCity: Jones, Toure, Lambert, Manquillo, Lallana, Brannagan, Markovic

No morerno

no Gerrard
    from a fantasy Jordan Henderson point of view this pleases me
    from a united fan top 4 point of view not so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

km79 wrote: »
    no Gerrard
    from a fantasy Jordan Henderson point of view this pleases me
    from a united fan top 4 point of view not so much

Soccer forum is for winding up Liverpool fans, ridiculous comment at the best of times but particularly for this forum

Balotelli probably still on pens ahead of Hendo :(

• Advertisement

I'm guessing there's no chance that Balotelli might actually start both/either of the games this DGW?

Um...just asking for a....um...friend :)

Well what do you know :pac:

Hopefully the Henderbus can win an pen arguments tonight. No Gerrard should see him push on into the box more though hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Another stressful 90 mins with Sterling (c) Would gladly just take an assist at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Soccer forum is for winding up Liverpool fans, ridiculous comment at the best of times but particularly for this forum

I don't see the problem with it. Liverpool have played better without Gerrard this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Moreno for a -4 is very annoying!! At least I have Dawson coming in with 5pts!

Balotelli probably still on pens ahead of Hendo :(

to be fair he is a MUCH better penalty taker!
    as a henderson owner id be afraid of negative points if he took one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

liverpool cleanie will do please otherwise a mignolet penalty save will suffice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'll accept your apology so km79:o

Honestly, it read to me like a veiled insult at Gerrard and Liverpool fans in general, I apologise for jumping to conclusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No Gerrard? excellent. Henderson set-piece hat-trick please

I'll accept your apology so km79:o

Honestly, it read to me like a veiled insult at Gerrard and Liverpool fans in general, I apologise for jumping to conclusions.

no problem
    I'm going to delete the rant actually
    it comes off very angry :D

N'Doye very close, forced a good save. Decent delivery from Aluko too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Wishing I doubled up on Liverpool defence, not their midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with it. Liverpool have played better without Gerrard this season.

And for a few seasons before that imo. I would agree with this article from 2012.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/apr/10/the-question-steven-gerrard-liverpool

All that makes him a very frustrating FPL player. Very annoying having the peno taker for a top team playing as a defensive midfielder. Costing so much too.

If Henderbus or Sturridge are on them next year they would be a fixture in my team.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Moreno for a -4 is very annoying!! At least I have Dawson coming in with 5pts!

I didn't take a -4 for him but will still be shipping him out. What a waste of a transfer!

In hindsight I'm surprised we didn't consider Brady more strongly, especially with Robertson confirmed out of both games.

As Balotelli attempts an audacious backheel shot!

The Henderbus has broken down, hopefully just a quick pit stop...

• Advertisement
Advertisement