Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 34 Match day Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

dahat wrote: »
    Fair point actually but having Hendo and Sterling does worry me though. They created very little tonight.

Sterling was terrible. Hendo was unlucky not to score, three shots on target in the box I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sterling was terrible. Hendo was unlucky not to score, three shots on target in the box I believe

Should have scored one, a good save and half a chance the other, Sterling was shocking which has me contemplating selling.

He looks well out of form to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Should have scored one, a good save and half a chance the other, Sterling was shocking which has me contemplating selling.

Ya think if he wanted out of Liverpool he'd play better.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ya think if he wanted out of Liverpool he'd play better.

Or has been told he ain't going anywhere no matter what the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Remind me again why I had Jakupovic as my 2nd keeper since my WC?

That would of been a nice 19pts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

57(-12) with Hazard(c), Ivanovic and Fabregas to play.
    I was expecting so much more from this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Boom :cool:

image.jpg

No words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Or has been told he ain't going anywhere no matter what the offer

If Liverpool where going to play hard ball, they should have kept Suarez, but if big money comes in there will sell Sterling, and fall further down the league.

Given how United are playing, if Liverpool had really put an effort in the last 2 games they could easily be challenge for 4th, but I think Rodgers has really f**ked up.

I think it was villa in the cup - had 3 strikers on the bench and only brought one on in 91st minute.

Tonight playing Mario, when the likes of Lambert would at least make an effort, playing Gerrard at weekend when he is clearly passed it. Johnson seems all but gone come the summer.

Liverpool have the bones of a good team, but they probably need 5/6 players in the summer.

Anyway not really FF related - Be nice if Leicester was to win tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

49 (-8) with Captain Hazard,Fabergas,Ivanovic and possibly Vardy and Schlupp depending on fitness to play.If Schlupp doesn't play,I've Bellerien to come in with 6 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

58(-4) with Terry, Ivanovic (c), Hazard and Wasilewski to play tomorrow.

A 0-0 tomorrow would be just the ticket, or a Chelsea win to nil, with minimum involvement by Hazard in any goals ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

A nice 15 points from Dawson & 2 from Henderson brings me up to 70 points with
    Schmeichel, Terry, Ivan, Cambiasso & Hazard (c) to play tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Dónal wrote: »
    damn you Bruce

+13

ie. Chester sitting on the bench with 13 :o:(:mad::mad:

My bench now equals : 36pts :eek: (is that a record :pac:)
    & if I add in Pelle (who I sold) @ 13pts = aghhhhhhh !!

8 from 4 was a pretty miserable return but rose 800 places to 9.1k :D

So far I have put 30 points up on my rivals going into tonight's games but I'm not expecting huge gains as most have 3 Chelsea and I don't think my 3 Leicester players will get more than 5 points between them.

74 but I don't think the 100 is possible now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FutureGuy wrote: »

So far I have put 30 points up on my rivals going into tonight's games but I'm not expecting huge gains as most have 3 Chelsea and I don't think my 3 Leicester players will get more than 5 points between them.

74 but I don't think the 100 is possible now.

Of course its possible! 26 points from 6 players isn't that much really granted Leicester players might only chip in 6 of those but I certainly wouldn't be ruling it out yet. If you have Hazard (c) I wouldn't put a 13 point game beyond him by any stretch.

jimmii wrote: »
    Of course its possible! 26 points from 6 players isn't that much really granted Leicester players might only chip in 6 of those but I certainly wouldn't be ruling it out yet. If you have Hazard (c) I wouldn't put a 13 point game beyond him by any stretch.

I wish I was as confident :o If Hazard scores then that would obviously be great but Leicester can be tight at the back and it could easily me 1-0 Chelsea.

Having said that, I'd rather score 90 with my differentials firing and getting me further ahead in my leagues than breaking 100. Robert Huth, take note.

My main concern is Terry. I have Ivan, both of my closest rivals have JT.

I wish I was as confident :o If Hazard scores then that would obviously be great but Leicester can be tight at the back and it could easily me 1-0 Chelsea.

Having said that, I'd rather score 90 with my differentials firing and getting me further ahead in my leagues than breaking 100. Robert Huth, take note.

My main concern is Terry. I have Ivan, both of my closest rivals have JT.

Yeh for sure even 10 differential points are a lot lot better than 26 Hazard points! Its a funny old game where less becomes more!

Yeh for sure even 10 differential points are a lot lot better than 26 Hazard points! Its a funny old game where less becomes more!

Honestly, a 0-0 would be the greatest result ever :D 6 + 6 + 6 + 3(x2) + 3 + 3 = 30. Lots of differential points from Leicester and 100+ for me :D

Honestly, a 0-0 would be the greatest result ever :D 6 + 6 + 6 + 3(x2) + 3 + 3 = 30. Lots of differential points from Leicester and 100+ for me :D

If Schlupp is able to some how about to make it I would be delighted with 0-0 too! I was really hoping to make up some ground this week but hasn't been the case so far hopefully it all changes tonight! How often have we seen in the past a DGW be boring and then just suddenly explode in one match hopefully that match is tonight!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

If Schlupp is able to some how about to make it I would be delighted with 0-0 too! I was really hoping to make up some ground this week but hasn't been the case so far hopefully it all changes tonight! How often have we seen in the past a DGW be boring and then just suddenly explode in one match hopefully that match is tonight!!

Schlupp not playing has probably cost me a rise back into the top 1k this week :( Hoping himself and Vardy play tonight. Fonte is my first sub.

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Schlupp not playing has probably cost me a rise back into the top 1k this week :( Hoping himself and Vardy play tonight. Fonte is my first sub.

Yeh him and Nugent being out has cost me a good bit too. Assuming they would have still got a CS had played I would be about 1k places higher! Last minute injuries are so sickening! I only have Dann & Zaha to come in if they miss out tonight so not even like I have any back up points really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yeh him and Nugent being out has cost me a good bit too. Assuming they would have still got a CS had played I would be about 1k places higher! Last minute injuries are so sickening! I only have Dann & Zaha to come in if they miss out tonight so not even like I have any back up points really!

So bloody frustrating. Hoping he gets a run tonight even if he only does get 1 point, at least it made it more interesting for me to watch given he could get more than 1, whereas with Fonte I'm guaranteed 1 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm similar (7 points from 3, and rose a few hundred places). But in a way I found that almost more frustrating as if Henderson or to a lesser extent Sterling had done anything, I would have seen a bigger rise.

The 3 players I brought in for -4 got me 21, and the 3 I got rid of (or benched) got me 13, so technically, I'm slightly ahead, but it doesn't really feel like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have to get rid of either Henderson or Sterling and I'm going to opt for Sterling. Henderson appears to have been the better player in recent games.

He's also 2 million or so cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

We lead by 20 going into tonights game!

stephenl15 wrote: »
    So bloody frustrating. Hoping he gets a run tonight even if he only does get 1 point, at least it made it more interesting for me to watch given he could get more than 1, whereas with Fonte I'm guaranteed 1 :(

Yeh at least then there is the potential for more!

• Advertisement

We lead by 20 going into tonights game!

Is there a handy page to look at each team? Given how similar tonight's players are likely to be 20 points seems very hard to make up! We're making this all look a bit too comfortable at the moment hopefully that continues the whole way through!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I need Schlupp to do something big if he plays because if he doesn't play, Bellerin comes in for 6pts.
    I really hope he is not in the squad; a 1pt cameo would be a disaster

One game and 5 players left but so far I have an intsyteenyweeny green arrow....I'll take that!

Rumoured Chelsea XI: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic; Matic, Ramires; Hazard, Fabregas, Willian; Costa.

http://www.squawka.com/news/reported-chelsea-xi-diego-costa-returns-but-oscar-misses-out/365818

I could do with Costa not featuring at all for a draft game

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Is there a handy page to look at each team? Given how similar tonight's players are likely to be 20 points seems very hard to make up! We're making this all look a bit too comfortable at the moment hopefully that continues the whole way through!!

There's a link on the FPL academy cup twitter page if you scroll back far enough about 4 weeks ago I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

C'mon Jeff Schlupp, fail your fitness test please! I have McShane as first sub. Would bring me up to 80 for the GW with Hazard(c), Terry, Fabregas, Schmeichel and Vardy to play tonight. I might get another ton this week.

Vardy starts!
    City: Schmeichel, Wasilewski, Huth, Morgan (c), Albrighton, King, Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Konchesky, Vardy, Ulloa. #LeiChe
    Subs: Schwarzer, De Laet, Hammond, James, Mahrez, Wood, Kramarić. #LeiChe

No Schlupp or Nugent

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ah feckidysh!teboll!cks....

No Schlupp and Kramaric on the bench again!

No Schlupp or Nugent

Hduegsidhdhsfa :mad:

Thibaut Courtois hasn't fully recovered from his hip injury. So Clean-Sheet Pete is between the posts today. #cfc
    Chelsea team tonight: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Drogba. #CFC
    Chelsea subs tonight: Courtois, Filipe Luis, Zouma, Ake, Mikel, Oscar, Cuadrado. #CFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Vardy starts!
    City: Schmeichel, Wasilewski, Huth, Morgan (c), Albrighton, King, Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Konchesky, Vardy, Ulloa. #LeiChe
    Subs: Schwarzer, De Laet, Hammond, James, Mahrez, Wood, Kramarić. #LeiChe

No Schlupp or Nugent

Ah poo!!!!!!!
    REALLY regret switching bellerin behind alderweireld in the sub order Saturday morning now !
    Ah well at least the other 4 boys starts
    Let's go Chelsea and cambiaso !

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Chelsea FC @ChelseaFC · 18s 18 seconds ago

Chelsea team tonight: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Drogba. #CFC

Was worried Luis might have gotten the nod ahead of Azpi.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Drogba

Chelsea FC @ChelseaFC · 18s 18 seconds ago

Was worried Luis might have gotten the nod ahead of Azpi.

Ivan, Cahill, Fab & Hazard bring in the points please lads! Hopefully they score so many it would have resulted in Schlupp getting minus points if he had played!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I have Morgan, Huth, Vardy, Ivanovic, Hazard(c) and Fabregas in this one. Not sure what I want from this game but I'd take a 0-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Anybody know Chelsea's team for today?

spock. wrote: »
    I have Morgan, Huth, Vardy, Ivanovic, Hazard(c) and Fabregas in this one. Not sure what I want from this game but I'd take a 0-0

I have Haz(c), Terry, Ivan, Schmeichel, and Vardy and want a 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

DJKendo wrote: »
    Anybody know Chelsea's team for today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ivan, Cahill, Fab & Hazard bring in the points please lads! Hopefully they score so many it would have resulted in Schlupp getting minus points if he had played!!

Four Chelsea players? Ye jammy git! :p

4 Chelsea ? :D

Four Chelsea players? Ye jammy git! :p

Yep sure everyone can have four.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

He's hoarded Cahill since before his move from Bolton in preparation for this gameweek

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

He's hoarded Cahill since before his move from Bolton in preparation for this gameweek

Its finally going to pay off!!

I wonder what most it would ever have been able to technically have from one team. Must have been many a time to get to five maybe when Chelsea were super active buying you might have squeezed in a 6th. Be a disaster for your team but be great if they had a dgw at some point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Albrighton hazard (c) azpil starting and Oscar

I hope hazard goes mental and gets a hatrick!!

• Advertisement

surely Jose will let them off the leash tonight. and by them I mean Ivan!!!! get out of your own half tonight and stop kicking lads ya big lump

Advertisement