Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Travel pass being checked in Heuston station

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Arc_Light wrote: »
    Because DSP staff, like HSE staff, can't do efficiency, they can't even, most of them, be bothered to wear a shirt and tie to work let alone show any degree (in my experience) of competence, efficiency, speed or general effort.

The chip pass has been planned for years, the fact that paper passes still exist, never mind being issued, is an inexcusable failure by the DSP and yet another sign of their incompetence.

I presume you are referring here to the Secretary General and his/her many layers of management who project managed this rollout so efficiently and effectively. :D

I wonder if the C+AG will give some time to this debacle in his annual report? It is taxpayer's money after all.

The general staff are just doing what they are told to do. I do not blame them at all. But a culture in an organisation comes from the top. You only have to look at how efficient Revenue is, both at public offices and with their online services. As much as we might not like them, they are good at what they do, and their staff are very professional, in my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Arc_Light

I presume you are referring here to the Secretary General and his/her many layers of management who project managed this rollout so efficiently and effectively. :D

I wonder if the C+AG will give some time to this debacle in his annual report? It is taxpayer's money after all.

No I'm referring to the guys in the DSP office who, despite having an office job in a govt department, come to work in tshirts, jeans and (At best, for the ones in my office) polo shirts.
    I'm talking about the people in the HSE who took 9 months to process a med card application that can be summarized as
    -INCOME ZERO
    -ASSETS ZERO
    -INVESTMENTS ZERO
    NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE, EMAIL
    ....9 months....their big issue? a stamp from college was missing...except it wasn't...but they sent a letter back 4 times demanding it, and 4 times I got it stamped, and 4 times I got a form letter back saying stamp this...

I'm talking about the people who need an hour AND FIFTEEN minutes lunch...not an hour, that would be worker oppression I suppose? but an hour and fifteen, even though they finish work at 4pm in some cases and have had a 20 min break earlier already with their hour.

I'm talking about the people who can let a phone ring for over 3 hours interrupted only by a break and redial, hoping, as they do, they won't have to answer it and deal with the problem.
    The general staff are just doing what they are told to do. I do not blame them at all. But a culture in an organisation comes from the top. You only have to look at how efficient Revenue is, both at public offices and with their online services. As much as we might not like them, they are good at what they do, and their staff are very professional, in my experience anyway.

I'd be happy to smash the sec gen back down to 100k, and a lot more..but that's not the reason why we have a culture of sloth and incompetence in our PS among the majority of staff, it's something that's been allowed to develop over the years and politicos are too gutless to challenge with the ones who do work afraid to admit it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

I see that people getting on buses with new style travel passes have to flash them at card readers as of now on.

Advertisement