Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any way of having 2 boards.ie accounts associated with one email?

Options
  • 25-04-2015 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Title says it all really.

If that isn't possible, if I close my account can I set up a new account with my old email immediately or is there a standby period. I was looking into closing my account but it said something like my details will be kept for a while - can't remember what it said exactly.

I'm not overly attached to my current account but given the choice I'd like to keep it and set up a new one as well. I don't have a second email address and don't want to go through the hassle of setting up one just for boards.ie

Help much appreciated guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nope, can't be done.

I think you need to wait a year and a day to re-use the email address after closing an account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

dmullins3 wrote: »
    Title says it all really.

If that isn't possible, if I close my account can I set up a new account with my old email immediately or is there a standby period. I was looking into closing my account but it said something like my details will be kept for a while - can't remember what it said exactly.

I'm not overly attached to my current account but given the choice I'd like to keep it and set up a new one as well. I don't have a second email address and don't want to go through the hassle of setting up one just for boards.ie

Help much appreciated guys.

Why would you want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

If all you want is a new username, you could subscribe and change the username.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

94 posts in six years,why are you bothered?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Mod

Nope, one email, one account OP. Any other questions like this are best answered in the Help Desk forum.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement