Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Greece thread in Politics Cafe

Options
  • 25-04-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭

Hi was kicked off the thread about Greece in politics cafe.
    Hold my hands up after significant provocation I did make some smart arse replies so probably deserved. Though I wasn't the worst in the thread, had reported several posts but nothing was done.

Two points about this though.

Firstly there were links to a post I'd made four years ago in order to call me a hypocrite. (taken out of context). This is attacking the poster not the post. In addition it takes the thread off topic. Is it really desirable to have people trolling through old posts in order try and discredit a poster? If everyone did this discussion would become impossible.

Second point is regarding opinions. After expressing an opinion on something I was harangued for links to where this opinion came from. Opinions come about from a lifetime of experience there is no one thing one can link to to say where they came from. Is this a new thing now that all opinions have to be cited and where they are from? Another thing that would make debate impossible.

Would be interested in opinions on this (no need to cite where they come from)

regards

20Cent

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As you're querying a mod decision this is more suited to Help Desk rather than Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Zaph wrote: »
    As you're querying a mod decision this is more suited to Help Desk rather than Feedback.

Not querying the decision.
    Just asking if these types of argument are acceptable now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Helpdesk is pre-moderated, there's no need to try posting the same thing multiple times.

If you want to know what's acceptable in a forum, you should PM the mods to discuss with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement