Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading in graphics cards

Options
  • 25-04-2015 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a GTX 285 and 4870, what should I be looking for price wise? CeX are offering €40 and €25 or a total of €93 in their vouchers.

They have a GTX 295 for €90, would it be worth it as an upgrade? Or should I try sell the cards on adverts?

Basically, what would you guys do?

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not worth it at all, the GTX295 doesn't support DX11 and is very power hungry though it's an alright card from brute power perspective.

CEX have decent prices on some cards - R9 270X is 135, R9 280X is 195 - both are massive improvements and more power efficient.

Trade in your cards and get the 270X in my opinion. An extra 40 euro and you've got a massive performance increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

280x for less then 200 quid is great value imo.

Advertisement