Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled my account but still being charged!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I have complained and complained and gave them a chance now waiting to see what comreg can do to help.

That is a disgrace trixie.

It really is. I was supposed to get a bill with a credit of € 100, but instead I got a new bill to that amount.

The new bill even includes a € 15 charge for a failed direct debit on the previous bill, which Eircom messed up in the first place. Which is why I cancelled the d.d. immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Same here. Switched in Feb and still getting bills.
    Alan has assured me that it is being looked into in this thread: Linky

Absolute joke that they are unable to cancel an account fully with out all this shi£e dragging on.
    Needless to say the DD was cancelled in Feb.

Anyone from Eircom want to reply?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I still haven't received anything back from Eircom!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They usually get back on here once but then ignore all your posts and move on.

Shocking company this eircom is.

I am sickened at the treatment I have received.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Same here. Switched in Feb and still getting bills.
    Alan has assured me that it is being looked into in this thread: Linky

Absolute joke that they are unable to cancel an account fully with out all this shi£e dragging on.
    Needless to say the DD was cancelled in Feb.
    Hi Jonnnio13,
    I can see that Al did get back on this issue through call and post, and this should be resolved.. If you do continue to have any issue let us know immediately.
    Tony

trixiebust wrote: »
    Hi trixiebust,
    I can see Al also responded to this on 06/05 and requested a new bill reflecting a credit of €100 which should have been with you around the 20th of May. We will chase this for you now and be back as soon as we can.
    Tony

I still haven't received anything back from Eircom!!
    Hi Buddy Holly
    I have searched back through posts but did not see yours. If you have not PM'd us your details, please do and we will follow up on this issue for you.
    Tony

Is anyone going to help me??????

Eircom customer service?????

All my posts have been ignored.

Hi trixedust
    I have PM'd you with update on this. I hope this resolves all issues finally and apologies for time and frustration caused in resolving this issue.
    I will be back as soon as I can to confirm this has been closed off.
    Regards
    Tony

• Advertisement

Is anyone going to help me??????

Eircom customer service?????

All my posts have been ignored.
    Hi Punisher5112
    I can see that we did advise you on earlier post that this issue was with our official complaints team and that you would be contacted by mail as they had been unable to call you. Our complaints team is the correct section to deal with this issue and I have been advised that a letter was sent to you and that contact details for credit management were also supplied.
    I have asked again for confirmation that this was sent to you.
    I am afraid that once an official response from our Customer Complaints team has been sent and decision made we cannot over rule these. Your case does have to be addressed by appropriate process.
    I will be back with any further information on this issue for you and will sent PM with more details also.
    Tony

Hi trixedust
    I have PM'd you with update on this. I hope this resolves all issues finally and apologies for time and frustration caused in resolving this issue.
    Regards
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

I appreciate the P.M, and I do hope this gets sorted once and for all.

Hi Buddy Holly
    I have searched back through posts but did not see yours. If you have not PM'd us your details, please do and we will follow up on this issue for you.
    Tony

Ehhhhh.... I'm the one who started this thread....??

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hi Buddy Holly
    Tony

Ehhhhh.... I'm the one who started this thread....??
    Hi Buddy Holly, yes I can see your first post and the most recent ones,however I cannot access your PM. Would you mind PMing me again so I can follow up?
    Tony

Hi trixedust
    Regards
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

I have been advised it will be resolved and closed. I will be following progress and have asked for update on final action.
    Tony

And I'm back again...... Got another bill, second last line states: 
    Total Charges This Month inc. V.A.T  € 45.01 ( This amount is incorrect, but i was willing to pay it just to finish all dealings with Eircom )

But for some magical, mysterious reason, the next and final line on the bill jumps from €45.01 to €55.57! No explanation, no reason, no added charges. Just increases by € 10. Nice try, d.d will still remain cancelled until I get a correct bill. Cancelled in March, this is July and I still can't get a bill which is correct.

I have received a threatening letter from eircom.

They say they will pass the bill to a debt collector and legal proceedings.

I have sent a complaint months ago and have never been contacted.

I am shocked with this letter.

Disgusting company to try and get a service off if one could call it a service.

All this from a company that robbed money from my credit card amounting €468.88.

A rep on here needs to actually read my posts and i would like to think one could actually help fix this terrible treatment towards me.

I was still being charged after I cancelled my account.
    Was promised by 2 staff on this site who told me that I would be refunded.
    That's nearly 3 months ago and I still haven't been refunded.
    The product itself, Efibre/evision was actually pretty good, but their billing department/customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Total Charges This Month inc. V.A.T  € 45.01 ( This amount is incorrect, but i was willing to pay it just to finish all dealings with Eircom )

But for some magical, mysterious reason, the next and final line on the bill jumps from €45.01 to €55.57! No explanation, no reason, no added charges. Just increases by € 10. Nice try, d.d will still remain cancelled until I get a correct bill. Cancelled in March, this is July and I still can't get a bill which is correct.
    Very sorry to hear this trixiebust

I will investigate this and get back to you as soon as I have clarification on the addition charges.

Thanks
    Al

I will investigate this and get back to you as soon as I have clarification on the addition charges.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi trixedust
    Regards
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

I have been advised it will be resolved and closed. I will be following progress and have asked for update on final action.
    Tony
    And again....got another bill this time € 140.00. Even funnier, got two text messages in the last week telling me that " your usage is unusually high at the moment, please contact Eircom ". This has been going on since March, and stil nobody is willing to help. Expecting the stock answer of I will investigate and get back as soon as I have an update.

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Al
    Hi trixedust
    Regards
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Tony
    And again....got another bill this time € 140.00. Even funnier, got two text messages in the last week telling me that " your usage is unusually high at the moment, please contact Eircom ". This has been going on since March, and stil nobody is willing to help. Expecting the stock answer of I will investigate and get back as soon as I have an update.
    And again, again, again..

New name, same story! This time its eir ( who ok'd that name ) and new bill amount is € 190.00.  Also got a recent text again telling me my service will be disconnected unless i pay up. My Eircom service has been disconnected since March, when I moved provider. Bill me the agreed amount at the start of this thread, and CLOSE MY ACCOUNT.

It seems the only way is to no longer contact.

They can't do anything they say that they will.

Shocking service from eir

It seems the only way is to no longer contact.

They can't do anything they say that they will.

Shocking service from eir
    Kinda guessed I wouldn't get a reply.
    Just look at the response time, ( 31hrs ) and response rate ( 80 % ).

Probably worse than Irish Water, and that takes some doing. This is for my own benefit also, to keep track of all my communications with them. There's been that many now, at least its all down in front on me, so I wont forget it!

Got another one, this time it is for € 245.00. This is getting beyond ridiculous now.

Can please someone close this account, and bill me properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Got another one, this time it is for € 245.00. This is getting beyond ridiculous now.

Hi trixiebust,
    we will certainly chase and get you an update on status or any action taken at least. Would you mind PMing me with your account number and full name again and I will be back to you today on this.
    Tony

eir: Tony wrote: »

Hi trixiebust,
    we will certainly chase and get you an update on status or any action taken at least. Would you mind PMing me with your account number and full name again and I will be back to you today on this.
    Tony
    PM sent...

Again no one has " looked into this " and again I've got another bill of €280 this time.
    Why is this still ongoing?

How hard is it to actually close an account, when my account should have been closed months ago.

My account should have closed in MARCH and I'm still getting billed.

Another bill in the door today. Now totals € 395.00!!!! Why will nobody listen, and do the most simplest of things-

SPEAK TO WHOEVER YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO, CLOSE THE ACCOUNT, FOLLOW UP, TO MAKE SURE IT IS DONE.

It really shouldn't be that hard. I have been getting bills for the last 10 MONTHS, even though I left Eircom 10 MONTHS ago.

Sort it out......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi trixiebust

Tony is not available at present - could you PM me the account number on the bill and I'll look in to this?

Al

• Advertisement

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi trixiebust

Tony is not available at present - could you PM me the account number on the bill and I'll look in to this?

Al
    I sent you my details months ago too. PM sent ( again ).

Advertisement