Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled my account but still being charged!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

trixiebust wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi trixiebust

Tony is not available at present - could you PM me the account number on the bill and I'll look in to this?

Al
    I sent you my details months ago too. PM sent ( again ).
     Hi trixiebust

I can con confirm that the account is definitely closed down and the balance has been cleared. It is very clear that there has been a disappointing response to your requests and I apologise for this and I also apologise for your negative experience with eir.

If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Its a disgrace.

I know reps are only at the front to deal with all sorts.

Management should really be taken out such a shambles of a company.

My experience was shocking at how I as a customer was treated and I would never ever use the so called service ever again.

To have money stolen from my credit card when an amount to be taken was agreed on and then for them to take over €400 more and never given it back.

Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Hi trixiebust

Tony is not available at present - could you PM me the account number on the bill and I'll look in to this?

Al
     Hi trixiebust

I can con confirm that the account is definitely closed down and the balance has been cleared. It is very clear that there has been a disappointing response to your requests and I apologise for this and I also apologise for your negative experience with eir.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, I really hope this is the end of it this time. Once I dont get another bill in the door again I'm happy.

Hi trixiebust

Al
     Hi trixiebust

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks, I really hope this is the end of it this time. Once I dont get another bill in the door again I'm happy.
    You are more than welcome trixiebust

I can assure you that this has all been resolved from yesterday afternoon.

Thanks
    Al

Hi trixiebust

Thanks
    Al

I'm quoting the above because I don't believe I'm gone crazy ( yet ), and what is posted above was actually said to me.

So, this morning I got a call from a company I'd never heard of  before, BCW. These I'm informed are a " credit management company " aka debt collectors.

They told me I have an unpaid Eircom bill of over € 400, and I would need to make payment.

I'm unwell at the moment, and do not take kindly to a debt collectors ringing me looking for a payment which I do not owe, as was agreed by the various Eircom reps.

As an aside, can someone please put me in the direction of where I can go and make an official complaint on this, is it Comreg? This has been going on for too long now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Hi trixiebust

Thanks
    Al

I'm quoting the above because I don't believe I'm gone crazy ( yet ), and what is posted above was actually said to me.

So, this morning I got a call from a company I'd never heard of  before, BCW. These I'm informed are a " credit management company " aka debt collectors.

They told me I have an unpaid Eircom bill of over € 400, and I would need to make payment.

I'm unwell at the moment, and do not take kindly to a debt collectors ringing me looking for a payment which I do not owe, as was agreed by the various Eircom reps.

As an aside, can someone please put me in the direction of where I can go and make an official complaint on this, is it Comreg? This has been going on for too long now.
    I also got a call from BCW last week, my EIR package never worked, modem returned and I was told m account is in credit. I knew nothing of money beng owed until BCW rang me .I dont owe eir anything.

whelan2 wrote: »
     Hi trixiebust

Thanks
    Al

I also got a call from BCW last week, my EIR package never worked, modem returned and I was told m account is in credit. I knew nothing of money beng owed until BCW rang me .I dont owe eir anything.
    This is what i told the BCW rep, I don't owe anything. She's " looking into " it for me. This has been ongoing for nearly a year. But Eircom have now escalated it, and sold on a debt they acknowledge themselves, I don't owe!

They said the same to me. Eir never sent a bill saying this was owed. Got a letter from BCW dated 13th of February today. Which was before they rang me. Total joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

dont pay BCW or even entertain them, look at my thread. BCW were sent after me, I just paid them off to clear myself of the nonsense (I did owe Eir money, completely accepted that but less than half of what they were looking for)

anyway, after payign BCW I got another bill from Eir for god knows what and all I am getting from customer service is that they have no records of BCW being paid or its between me and BCW or better yet, I was aware of the cancellation service for a contract that was expired a year ago!

Just bin everything from Eir and BCW, it seems both will just keep harassing you no matter what

It would seem Eir accounts and service are so completely inept they had to bring in outsiders to deal with it and they still **** it up!

Hi trixiebust

Thanks
    Al

This is what i told the BCW rep, I don't owe anything. She's " looking into " it for me. This has been ongoing for nearly a year. But Eircom have now escalated it, and sold on a debt they acknowledge themselves, I don't owe!
    Hi trixiebust

I can assure you no payment will be required. I have had specific instruction from credit management to advise you not to pay anything or take further action as their investigations have already confirmed nothing is owed and they will make all appropriate action to ensure further communication does not occur again.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

I have just receved an email bill from Eir with a credit balance wonder should I get the debt collectors in to get my money back?

I have just receved an email bill from Eir with a credit balance wonder should I get the debt collectors in to get my money back?
    Hi whelan2

You can request the credit by cheque by calling accounts on free phone 1901 or via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Another call from BCW here today, despite me getting an email from EIR that they will issue me with a cheque for what they owe me within the next 10 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Another call from BCW here today, despite me getting an email from EIR that they will issue me with a cheque for what they owe me within the next 10 days
    Hi whelan2,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Is the account number on the letter from BCW the same as account number you requested the cheque for?

Pamela 

Advertisement