Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 35 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Maybe it'd be 3rd time lucky this season :pac:

:o

It's becoming something I might actually do. :eek::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    It's becoming something I might actually do. :eek::cool:

I'll do it if you do it :D

Assuming I can work some magic on the balance sheets :pac:

I'll do it if you do it :D

Assuming I can work some magic on the balance sheets :pac:

Jesus! Were you just sitting there hitting refresh waiting for me to post that or what! ! :D

Has this type of collaboration ever ended well. Remember Jovetic (c)....

Jesus! Were you just sitting there hitting refresh waiting for me to post that or what! ! :D

Ummm....no, definitely not :o Ahem....nah was just after coming to the end of my notifications and you popped up :pac:

Ah Jovetic, if I hadn't gone for him I was getting Pelle even a week earlier than everyone else. We can't always be wrong though, can we? :)

Seriously though he's been awful all season, may not start and is an expensive gamble. If you're happy to try something to push on rather than consolidate 10k then we can continue negotiations. I'm living my season through you now. Director of Football has a nice ring to it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

hhhmmmmm if aguero didn't have QPR at home next weekend I'd be in on this too :D
    I also remember Jovetic captain
    I also remember Balotelli captain gw4 when I sold Costa due to his "injury"
    never recovered from that week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    hhhmmmmm if aguero didn't have QPR at home next weekend I'd be in on this too :D
    I also remember Jovetic captain
    I also remember Balotelli captain gw4 when I sold Costa due to his "injury"
    never recovered from that week

I also remember rvp captain gw 3 and 4 away to burnley 2 pts home to qpr 1 pt while injured costa tore it up.
    Its been a strange season from an FF point of view both utd and pool players have been a disaster bar DDG and Mig and adm for his brief purple patch. Utd havent had any consistent attacking scorers all season and the likes of henderson slipped under the radar a bit and by the time we all got on we seem to have missed the boat.

Ummm....no, definitely not :o Ahem....nah was just after coming to the end of my notifications and you popped up :pac:

Ah Jovetic, if I hadn't gone for him I was getting Pelle even a week earlier than everyone else. We can't always be wrong though, can we? :)

Seriously though he's been awful all season, may not start and is an expensive gamble. If you're happy to try something to push on rather than consolidate 10k then we can continue negotiations. I'm living my season through you now. Director of Football has a nice ring to it :cool:

Everything would depend on what Van Gaal says tomorrow, and he's usually pretty forthright. After that my position is that I could afford over the next two weeks to get RVP for Studge (yes, I still have 11.1m of nothing on my bench and have done for the last two weeks, while still getting green arrows I might add) and still also get Ramsey and Sanchez for Fab and Sterling. After Studge to RVP I'd have 2m in the bank.

I'd then see it most likely that I'd get Giroud for RVP for the DGW.

The cons of this plan are...
    1. It's hard to justify Sterling or Fab out this week given the fixtures. So I'd go another week with zero Arsenal coverage.
    2. It would mean no Benteke who I had firmly planned on for the run in.
    3. I've no wriggle room on price changes so might end up not getting Rambo / Alexis till the DGW.

I've considered going with Ramsey as my only Arsenal mid, and maybe getting. Belerin or Kos, but I feel Ramsey or Alexis are going to tear it up some of these weeks and want to cover both. Hence the unease of leaving one out for two more weeks.

So, do I tear up the relatively safe three arsenal and Benteke plan for a two week punt on a retired postman?

So can you run that all by the board and see how it flies.....

PS. Not matter how crazy things get it will not be captaining him........definately.

No, seriously. I won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Ramsey, ozil or carzola is a serious headwrecker , I'm thinking Rambo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

don't want sterling anymore as Liverpool are pure poison. Think I'll double up early on the Arsenal and get Rambo in for him. Obviously already have Sanchez.

• Advertisement

PS. Not matter how crazy things get it will not be captaining him........definately.

No, seriously. I won't.

i would ONLY sign him I was captaining him. otherwise just sign benteke

km79 wrote: »
    i would ONLY sign him I was captaining him. otherwise just sign benteke

I'm not in complete roll the dice and fukit territory. Way to risky to not captain Hazard this week. The point of an rvp punt for me would be the gamble that he could nicely outscore Giroud, Benteke, Vardy over the next two gws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I'm not in complete roll the dice and fukit territory. Way to risky to not captain Hazard this week. The point of an rvp punt for me would be the gamble that he could nicely outscore Giroud, Benteke, Vardy over the next two gws.

And he could just as easily not outscore them! I like your gambling instinct though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Arsenal play (Sunday-Wednesday)-Sunday before the cup final six days later. They'll have a top three place guaranteed with the league already won by Chelsea. Yet everybody seems hell-bent on getting three of their players for the DGW. Surely few of the top players will start both DGW games.

I think I'll be keeping a close eye on whoever else is in formand maybe only have two Arsenal players. The only caveat is that Sunderland at home could be a bloodbath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Arsenal play (Sunday-Wednesday)-Sunday before the cup final six days later. They'll have a top three place guaranteed with the league already won by Chelsea. Yet everybody seems hell-bent on getting three of their players for the DGW. Surely few of the top players will start both DGW games.

I think I'll be keeping a close eye on whoever else is in formand maybe only have two Arsenal players. The only caveat is that Sunderland at home could be a bloodbath.

In relation to this, I came across this post by Kolonnawa 42 on FFS:

"I am seeing a lot of chat of potential rotation for the Arsenal DGW, but I think this just paranoia. I am by no means an Arsenal fan but from my understanding Arsene Wenger doesnt make wholesale changes for the sake of it.

In 2014 going into GW38 Arsenal had already secured 4th spot and all the hype was about the FA cup final the following week. Could Arsenal finally end the drought. Here are the teams which were fielded -

11th May 2014 – Norwich 0-2 Arsenal (GW38)

Fabianski
    Gibbs Koscielny Jenkinson Sagna
    Arteta Rosicky (Abou Diaby - 74' )
    Podolski Özil Ramsey (Wilshere - 63' )
    Giroud (Sanogo - 74' )

17th May 2014 – Arsenal 3-2 Hull (FA Cup final)

Fabianski
    Gibbs Koscielny Mertesacker Sagna
    Arteta Cazorla (Rosicky - 105' )
    Podolski (Sanogo - 61' ) Özil (Wilshere - 105' ) Ramsey
    Giroud

You would think that going into GW38 with nothing to play for Arsene would have rested all his big names with the FA cup final only 6 days later. Looking at the teams we can see rotation was minimal –

Jenkinson started over Mertesaker
    Rosicky started over Cazorla.

Now the Arsenal squad of 2014 wasn’t as strong as the squad of 2015 and Arsene does have more (fit) options available to him but I still don’t think we need to worry about significant rotation in GW38 and certainly not in GW37."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ballotelli is injured. Brilliant news for everyone with Liverpool attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Top 3 won't be guaranteed before the last day of the season if we lose at Old Trafford (assuming ManU and Man City don't slip up the next two matches)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ballotelli is injured. Brilliant news for everyone with Liverpool attackers.

I am not sure that it is! Liverpool have been pants recently. No cutting edge up front.
    With Mario out Sterling will likely play up front unless Lambert gets the call...but it is hard to see Liverpool filling their boots with goals.

But they are playing QPR.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

Already have cazorla n benteke, thinking of bringing in giroud for Rooney ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any suggestions?

7ce610f1b032f122bc723450571ac84c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Any suggestions?

Really depends what rest of season plans are and who you want in.
    With balotelli out im keeping sterling another week.
    Best move prob be naughton for bellerin-
    Silva to rambo another option.
    Vardy seems in good form you wont have funds for giroud so either keep or make funds for benteke next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thinking of getting Grealish as a 4th mid alongside Sanchez Silva Hazard and Cork. Is that a bit much? Would be a nice differential and enable me to upgrade Vardy to Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting Grealish as a 4th mid alongside Sanchez Silva Hazard and Cork. Is that a bit much? Would be a nice differential and enable me to upgrade Vardy to Giroud

I'm strongly considering Grealish as well, I'm going to promote Phillips of QPR to a first teamer for the last two games of the season so Grealish at 4.3 will probably be useful bench fodder, meanwhile Grealish has two decent home fixtures and Villa have plenty to play for as well as cup final places up for grabs. This move will allow me decent wriggle room and negate somewhat my terrible team value. Sterling is the obvious one to make way but I'm thinking it's a bad time to do it. However I have Nugent stinking up my teamsheet so I might bite the bullet to finally get Giroud in(about 4 months too late)

Jose reports Diego Costa is not available this Sunday. It is not worth the risk. Loic Remy is definitely back available. #CFC

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/594102360143716353

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I also remember rvp captain gw 3 and 4 away to burnley 2 pts home to qpr 1 pt while injured costa tore it up.
    Its been a strange season from an FF point of view both utd and pool players have been a disaster bar DDG and Mig and adm for his brief purple patch. Utd havent had any consistent attacking scorers all season and the likes of henderson slipped under the radar a bit and by the time we all got on we seem to have missed the boat.

I remember wildcarding to take Costa out and put RVP in. Never again. This season has shown me that the wildcard should be kept for weeks like this.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I remember wildcarding to take Costa out and put RVP in. Never again. This season has shown me that the wildcard should be kept for weeks like this.

I feel like my GW6 wildcard was perfectly played to get me Aguero, double Southampton defence, Boyd, Chambers that I wouldn't have done with just FTs or hits. I suppose it depends on how your team is progressing; world #1 hasn't taken a hit all season and just used his WC :eek:.

FPL Discovery posted this about DGW34:
    I can tell you the data for this week though (for top 10K as of the start of the GW):
    Number of wildcards played: 1797
    Average score: 83.71

No wildcards played: 8203
    Average score: 63.57
    Average hit taken: 3.77
    Net average score: 59.79

So, for an average top 10K player wildcard was worth 23.92 points this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What Arsenal midfielder to get? Can't afford Sanchez. Carzola is good for an assist and is on set pieces and pens. But Ramsey is in great form (14, 2, 9, 11, 2). Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Any suggestions?

Our teams are still very similar! Only differences are Davis, Wolly, Henderson and Remy.

I'm thinking about getting in some Arsenal coverage for their DGW. You could go Naughton to Bellerin/Kos?

If I was you I don't think I'd make any other changes for this GW anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Team currently is:

Mignolet

Bertrand Terry Schlupp

Hazard Sanchez Henderson Sterling

Kane Remy Aguero

Subs: PVA, Boyd, Wolly, Davis

I'm thinking of doing Bertrand to Bellerin and Remy to Giroud this week for a -4. Anything else I'm missing? I'd love to get Benteke in for GW36 but not sure how I can. Thoughts and comments appreciated, thanks.

Or even Monreal? Too risky?

Rooney passed fit for United.

Game over Mr P. Game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »

That exactly when and why I wildcarded. Two years in a row I've wildcarded to get rvp in. This week ended a great week to wildcard but a lot went in their favour. If burnley score their peno no leicester c.s. the likes of Southampton stoke didn't keep a clean sheet. Silva Kane sanchez giroud aguero Mane palace attackers all got minimal returns. So basically pretty much any players a wildcarder didn't have that non wildcarders had didn't deliver.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What Arsenal midfielder to get? Can't afford Sanchez. Carzola is good for an assist and is on set pieces and pens. But Ramsey is in great form (14, 2, 9, 11, 2). Thoughts?

Alexis, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla in that order. Not much between Ramsey and Ozil depending if you need the money elsewhere.

I'm strongly considering Grealish as well, I'm going to promote Phillips of QPR to a first teamer for the last two games of the season so Grealish at 4.3 will probably be useful bench fodder, meanwhile Grealish has two decent home fixtures and Villa have plenty to play for as well as cup final places up for grabs. This move will allow me decent wriggle room and negate somewhat my terrible team value. Sterling is the obvious one to make way but I'm thinking it's a bad time to do it. However I have Nugent stinking up my teamsheet so I might bite the bullet to finally get Giroud in(about 4 months too late)

Haha I won't be promoting Cork to first team, Grealish would be my 4th mid. I'll probably have Alexis Koscielny and Giroud for 37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

Well fcuk that! I just sold him for Benteke, and then brought in Baines with the leftovers for a 4 point hit!!

Rooney nearly nailed on scorer at home to West Brom.

Well as you Director of Football I was going to tell you to stay away from RVP anyway :)

So what way are you leaning to replace Studge now? The options as I see them:
    - Giroud
    - Benteke
    - Rooney
    - A surprise

Bolasie remains an issue this week too, I'd recommend you consider replacing him. Also might I suggest you captain Aguero :)

The chairman was floating the idea of tapping up Busts or Swiper to see out the season but I told him that I saw great things in your ability. So your position is safe for now.

Being Director of Football is fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Murray --> Tekkers done. I'll hold onto Austin but am benching him this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think I have the next few transfers planned out. 1FT this week, and 3.9m itb.

Mig - Myhill
    Terry - Bertrand - PVA - Okore - Wolly
    Sterling - Henderson - Silva - Hazard - Boyd
    Kane - Aguero - Remy

This week: Remy out, Benteke in.

That will leave me 2 FTs before the DGW37. Sterling and Kane are currently prime candidates to make way for Arsenal players. Also probably have the funds to go for an Arsenal defender (Kosc, probably) if I want to go for a -4.

Question: if I was to go for -4 at some stage before GW37, should I just do it this week and get rid of Kane (vs City) and bring in Giroud (vs Hull)? Downside to this is that if something happens to Giroud before GW37, I'm stuck with an injured DGW player taking up a valuable Arsenal spot.

Well as you Director of Football I was going to tell you to stay away from RVP anyway :)

So what way are you leaning to replace Studge now? The options as I see them:
    - Giroud
    - Benteke
    - Rooney
    - A surprise

Bolasie remains an issue this week too, I'd recommend you consider replacing him. Also might I suggest you captain Aguero :)

The chairman was floating the idea of tapping up Busts or Swiper to see out the season but I told him that I saw great things in your ability. So your position is safe for now.

Being Director of Football is fun.

The chairman can f*ck off, we're still in touch with European places, tell him to get real. Like most managers Ive never been a fan of the whole director of football model. Maybe more of a consigliere role would work!!

Silviodante.jpg

Bolaise on the bench, Albrighton playing is the plan.

RE Sturridge, Giroud is the sensible option, Benteke maybe next week for Kane, Rooney might well be a runner as an alternative two week punt.

However WBA seem to have got over their fondness for shipping two or three goals per match.

As for a surprise....surprise me. You did sign N'Doye last week (you did also sign Kramaric but lets pretend that never happened)

The chairman can f*ck off, we're still in touch with European places, tell him to get real. Like most managers Ive never been a fan of the whole director of football model. Maybe more of a consigliere role would work!!

Silviodante.jpg

Bolaise on the bench, Albrighton playing is the plan.

RE Sturridge, Giroud is the sensible option, Benteke maybe next week for Kane, Rooney might well be a runner as an alternative two week punt.

However WBA seem to have got over their fondness for shipping two or three goals per match.

As for a surprise....surprise me. You did sign N'Doye last week (you did also sign Kramaric but lets pretend that never happened)

Don't you worry about the chairman, between us we can create a legacy and you never know we might find the bigwigs of La Liga sniffing around looking to recruit us :)

I'm in the market for a Kramaric replacement myself with 7.8 to spend unless I go for some hits. I'd consider Rooney in your position but the name looking back at me is Connor Wickham.

7 points in each of his last 2 games suggests he's up for the fight. Saints (h), Everton (a) before the DGW. With Chelsea (a) in GW 38 a perfect chance for one last gamble. Of course ignoring Benteke and the resurgent Pelle is no mean feat. It's not as sexy as Kramaric was last week (that was too hot), but the stars could well align for a repeat of last season. If he does he'll reach Shaun Maloney levels of late season relegation hero points machines.

If Andi Weimann were getting more gametime I'd suggest him as a beautiful little gamble. I normally predict when his 5 goals a season are due quite well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Tempted to do Henderson to some Sunderland player and just bench him, but think i'll hold onto the FT till next week, and just bench Kane instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Myhill or Green (favouring Green)
    Terry, Berty, Clyne,
    Fab, Hazard, Sterling, Coutinho
    Giroud, Aguero, Kane

As much as I want to include Cambiasso, I think he's going to be sitting this one out?

Can anyone twist my arm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Is it mental to bring Benteke in for Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Is it mental to bring Benteke in for Kane?

I hope not, I just did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

PARlance wrote: »
    Myhill or Green (favouring Green)
    Terry, Berty, Clyne,
    Fab, Hazard, Sterling, Coutinho
    Giroud, Aguero, Kane

As much as I want to include Cambiasso, I think he's going to be sitting this one out?

Can anyone twist my arm?

Liverpool are pretty shi!te so i'd probably bench Coutinho - he scores well point wise in FF when Liverpool are playing well but they are terrible atm.

Alternatively i'd bench Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Ormus wrote: »
    I hope not, I just did it.

Done it too now

Gone 4-3-3 aswell, no idea why i'm taking risks this week, i'm leading my league and just need to keep things solid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

cant bring in sanchez without doing a -8 so going to settle for ozil for the run in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Who do people think is a better option -> Bellerin or Koscielny? The difference in price doesn't matter to me at this stage. I think Bellerin is potentially more likely to get attacking points but also a little bit more likely to be rotated with Chambers for a game and maybe a little less likely to get bonus points statistically.

to start Henderson or cambiasso ..........?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

supposedly reece burke will keep his place for west ham. at 4.0 could be worth a gamble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Liverpool are pretty shi!te so i'd probably bench Coutinho - he scores well point wise in FF when Liverpool are playing well but they are terrible atm.

Alternatively i'd bench Kane

I'll have to have a few drinks over this, I'm within reaching distance of 2 rivals that both have Kane and one has Coutinho... it's Coutinho or no one I think.

Advertisement