Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunsany GP

• 25-04-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

After a bit of discussion [as this area is right in the centre of the perceived problem area] the Dunsany GP will go ahead on Sat May 9th.After what we consider two weekends of successful promotions in Stamullen and Drogheda its probably a good time to put on races in this area as there were no issues with the law or authorities over the past two weekends.
    To keep it that way I would appreciate all the help we can get for this one.Thanks in advance.

Sign on will be in Dunsany GAA grounds from 9.00am.
    Route will be the usual green sheds circuit with the last lap coming off circuit to finish at the church in Dunsany.
    10.3Oam A3/Jun race 4 x laps of 17k Total 68km
    10.33am A4 race 3 x laps of 17k Total 51km.
    Please note its a 10.30 start time to have the roads as quiet as possible.
    Get in touch if you can help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

If im not racing ill do the motorbike again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

REMINDER.This goes ahead next Sat morning as per op.Just a further reminder as I got a few calls in relation to same.There will only be 2 races A3/J and A4 as already published.
    AFAIK this is the only event where there will be A4 racing in the Leinster area this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Anybody got a link for the route please?

http://app.strava.com/segments/lap-of-green-sheds-circuit-681417

This is it from previous yrs thread.Finish is shown in wrong place here.Start/finish is in Dunsany with each race making a right turn on the final lap to come off circuit to finish outside church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Have been looking forward to this since Lucan GP was cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Have been looking forward to this since Lucan GP was cancelled.

Think and I stress 'think' the Lucan GP will be held the weekend before the Leinster Champs/Laragh Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Think and I stress 'think' the Lucan GP will be held the weekend before the Leinster Champs/Laragh Classic.

Excellent. I should have said postponed, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭leCycliste

Hi Wav1, Are the women racing seperate or are they to be included with the main races?

leCycliste wrote: »
    Hi Wav1, Are the women racing seperate or are they to be included with the main races?
    Sorry there is no separate womens race

All good to go.Just did recky on circuit.Wet at present but roads in good nick.Forecast not bad for morning,so hope to see you all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Great day out, thanks Wav, Lenny and the gang for a super safe race

Thanks to all the riders and helpers who helped make todays race a success.Huge kudos to the riders who were on the whole very good today on the ROTR stuff,and I am delighted that an open race has gone off without any major issues in this particular neck of the woods.
    Results
    A3/J
    1 Sean Moore Barrow
    2 John Clarke Navan
    3 Shane Foley Carlow
    4 Brendan Whelan Adamstown
    5 Mark Kearns Lucan
    6 Andrew Keogh Lucan
    7 Billy Creevey Longford
    8 Eoghan Connolly Strava3 Velorevolution

1st U/P Jun
    Patrick Goszezyk NRPT

A4
    1 Mark Holland Orwell
    2 George Devin Drogheda Wheelers
    3 Paul Perry Orwell
    4 Declan Keating Skane Wheelers
    5 Tony Pryce Sheelin Flyers
    6 Karl Powderly Tuam
    7 Finbar Mc Gurren Swords
    8 Emmet Tuite Kilcullen
    Only one junior in the top eight of A3 race so points achieved by many riders today.Again cheers to all for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Great race today thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bahra12

Well done Wav and all others involved in the organising of today's race. It's great that controversy was avoided. The motorcycle Marshall was excellent also.

The moto marshall in the A4 race was excellent. Anyone who ventured over the solid white line was quickly and smoothly moved back in. Actually thought the A4 bunch was well behaved in general and the few times it became a little messy people weren't slow to tell others to get back on the right side of the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

yeah, nice compact a4 bunch today, got around at some pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Two club mates on the podium today in the A4 race, delighted for them. There seems to be a very good team spirit among the A4s in our club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

I would do this type of race every week; great set-up and really safe. Well done Wav and Lenny et al, it produced a fast A3 event though Im a bit gutted the break didnt stay away; with a team mate up there, I kinda got in the way of the chasers a few times. But they were never out of sight and it was always going to be tight near the end.
    Anyway, an event to do again without doubt.

Always gotta make sure that Lucan have a man in the break or else it will get chased down.

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Two club mates on the podium today in the A4 race, delighted for them. There seems to be a very good team spirit among the A4s in our club.

Really worked as a team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭buffalo

Has anyone seen photos from this?

buffalo wrote: »
    Has anyone seen photos from this?
    Didn't see any of the usual snappers buffalo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭hunter9

Always gotta make sure that Lucan have a man in the break or else it will get chased down.
    didn't see too much of Lucan chasing down after the second lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

only getting a chance to post in this now. I was doing a3 moto marshall and fair play to the bunch - you were very well behaved. Looked like a nice race - I was half wishing I was on the other bike :)

Advertisement