Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Supergarden 2015

Options
  • 25-04-2015 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Saw the first episode today..

I thought the garden was terrible, she completely ignored the fact they had 3 kids that once played in the garden. The curved deck path is a good idea but the shape looked unplanned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

I see that too,I think she realized that at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

This is the following brief they gave to RTÉ Super Garden "The boys play in the garden all the time as they cannot play out the front of their house due to safety concerns (busy estate road). The couple would love a place that the boys can enjoy and where they can invite friends around". What part of the said above brief did the designer miss? She should be ashamed of herself! It was quite clear from her interview with the judges towards the end of the show that she is nothing but a self centred, egotistic and selfish women. This was a garden created by her to win Bloom, she even said it herself that the garden she designed was to win Bloom and not for the client. RTÉ Super Garden & Woodies should now do the right thing and give this family the garden they asked for, need and deserve.

Can everyone please like and share the following page: https://www.facebook.com/rtesortitout and support the Coyle family (thank you), they have two boys Caelen (9) and Davin (4), both boys have Autism. They asked for a garden to meet their childrens needs, instead they have been left with an area that isn't for children at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

hellboy99 wrote: »
    This is the following brief they gave to RTÉ Super Garden "The boys play in the garden all the time as they cannot play out the front of their house due to safety concerns (busy estate road). The couple would love a place that the boys can enjoy and where they can invite friends around". What part of the said above brief did the designer miss? She should be ashamed of herself! It was quite clear from her interview with the judges towards the end of the show that she is nothing but a self centred, egotistic and selfish women. This was a garden created by her to win Bloom, she even said it herself that the garden she designed was to win Bloom and not for the client. RTÉ Super Garden & Woodies should now do the right thing and give this family the garden they asked for, need and deserve.

Can everyone please like and share the following page: https://www.facebook.com/rtesortitout and support the Coyle family (thank you), they have two boys Caelen (9) and Davin (4), both boys have Autism. They asked for a garden to meet their childrens needs, instead they have been left with an area that isn't for children at all.

I agree completely with your sentiment however I'm not sure it's fair or appropriate to address the contestant that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I agree completely with your sentiment however I'm not sure it's fair or appropriate to address the contestant that way.
    That was just the impression I got as did a lot more too, she didn't help herself when she told the judges that she designed the garden for Bloom and not the client.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

In contrast I thought the second garden was great. He listened to what they wanted and gave them a great garden for the kids to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Bumping this to the top as I don't see another thread...

I thought the series was quite poor this year. It's been on a downward spiral now for a while. Too much product placement. I know woodies and cuprinol sponsor heavily but it undermines the whole show.

The briefs the contestants are getting are a bit wayward too. Every contestant wants to win but realistically a child's play space is always going to struggle to win when judged against a garden for entertainment or relaxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I can't find the programme with the winner on RTE player. Can someone post the winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

This was the one. I had a ticket, but with work running late, I only made it for the last hour and a half at most. The Show Gardens were closed, but I snuck in. There were few people around, I suppose that's a good thing, rather than be mobbed.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/supergarden/s7prog2.html

this is the winner. The link, at least. I spoke to someone related to the garden who said the original garden is twice as big as the one that ended up in the Phoenix Park. I liked it. I didn't see it on the programme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I didn't see that build, it's gone from the player, but from what I did see I'm glad that one won.

Advertisement