Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laya Cover changed from Healthwise Plus (No Excess)

Options
  • 25-04-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi,

Laya have just advised me that on renewal my cover will be changed to Health Sense (Excess) - €1,263.

Having had cover since the days of BUPA with 'No Excess' I am concerned as to what consequences might arise from this should I need to make a claim. Looking at their enclosed paperwork and other on-line information as far as I can make out most of the time it means that you will have to pay the odd €50 or €100 per claim.

I am 72 years old and just over two years ago I had a prostate issue and all the costs that arose from that were covered in full by my Healthwise Plus (No Excess) Plan. While I now feel in the best of health I would not be in a position to handle any large expense should it arise.

As far as I can see Company Care Plus (No Excess) - €1,647 is the least costly 'No excess' plan.

I would really like to see if the general advice would be to go with the cheaper 'Excess' Plan or to move up to the more costly 'No Excess' plan.

Any help in making up my mind would be much appreciated.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

At €50 excess, you'd have to have 8 or more claims a year to be financially better off going for the no excess plan, and that's assuming Health Sense and Company Care Plus have the same cover everywhere else.

Advertisement