Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liege - Bastogne - Liege 2015 [Contain spoilers]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    The virtually complete lack of interest on the forum in the win by Valverde is telling, isnt it? He is super strong, but almost universally hated for his doping past, and I fully side with that view. :(

Yet Contadors popularity seems to growing with each race, and he was caught doping, seems the french have also forgiven him over the schlek incident a few years ago.

Valverde is a brilliant cyclist and just as good as all the other MICRO dopers out there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Like I wrote a few days back in terms of results & consistency in various terrain & in both one-day & stage-races Valverde probably has to be considered the greatest rider in the world . . . though as I also mentioned that didn't mean one had to emotionally connect with him or not have obvious issues with his success.
    I didn't really get to see much of the race but tobh apart from accidents or a successful break from someone, I thought Dan Martin was the only one likely to beat Valverde; and it seems like as with Fleche, in his absence Valverde proved comfortably of a higher level than the rest. Which wasn't really much of a surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Yet Contadors popularity seems to growing with each race, and he was caught doping, seems the french have also forgiven him over the schlek incident a few years ago.

Valverde is a brilliant cyclist and just as good as all the other MICRO dopers out there now

Contador is exciting to watch and no way is Valverde

Also regarding everything else they are equal imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Oricas Backstage pass is up

I love the Ulrikas ...talented , fun & realistic

(and the backroom staff are like relatives of crocodile dundee )

With Matthews they have a potential green jersey winner in the Tour imo ....so they will be alright

I see Dan & Nco line out tomorrow for Tour de Romandie...no rest for the wicked

Hopefully Dan can use his good form for a stage as GC will be difficult with TTs
    Hope Gamin stay upright in TTT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I would put a bet on the 2016 will turn out to be annus horribilus for Valverde given what has befallen previous winners:
    Hamilton - banned
    Rebellin - exiled
    Vino - where to begin
    Valverde - likes a bit of blood pudding
    Di. Luca - assassinated himself as opposed to anyone else
    Valverde - down but not out
    Schleck - who is he again?
    Vino - had to buy a win
    Gilbert - can't buy a win these days
    Iglinsky - what a dope
    Martin - crashed and burned
    Gerrans - see. Martin
    Valverde - ????

Is this the unluckiest race of all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

ROK ON wrote: »
    I would put a bet on the 2016 will turn out to be annus horribilus for Valverde given what has befallen previous winners:
    Hamilton - banned
    Rebellin - exiled
    Vino - where to begin
    Valverde - likes a bit of blood pudding
    Di. Luca - assassinated himself as opposed to anyone else
    Valverde - down but not out
    Schleck - who is he again?
    Vino - had to buy a win
    Gilbert - can't buy a win these days
    Iglinsky - what a dope
    Martin - crashed and burned
    Gerrans - see. Martin
    Valverde - ????

Is this the unluckiest race of all?

world champs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I've split the Tour de Romandie posts to here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gambeta_fc

A new post on Strava Stories for this:
    http://stories.strava.com/liege

Love this series, great photos and really give an inside feeling to the various races they've covered.

Advertisement