Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone won't go max volume with earphones

Options
  • 25-04-2015 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

When I'm playing music in Spotify or any app with Apple earphones or auxiliary cable in my car, I can't turn music up to full volume. It goes as far as yellow indicator and 'High Volume' but won't go into the red.

Strange thing is it used to work a month ago, it used to go to the red. I didn't upgrade iOS or anything, I'm on jailbroken 8.1.1. I also have volume limit turned off in Music settings. I checked the earphone jack for lint and it seems clean.

I've Googled for days and at a loss. Unless I'm using the Googles wrong, it seems I'm in the minority with this problem.

pics at http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/182305/cant-set-iphone-6-headphones-to-max-or-full-volume-when-playing-music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Go into settings> music> turn off EU safe volume control.
    Hope this cures it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

thanks for the help but i'm pretty sure i've it turned off already. here's a screenshot, looks off to me:

YUvW8.png

anybody else got any ideas? it's infuriating!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Hope you get sorted
    But that's about the limit of my knowledge on the situation!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's obviously a jailbreak issue. Try disabling add-ons until you narrow down what's causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ahhh you're right! it was the activator tweak from ryan petrich. can't believe i didn't check jailbreak tweaks first, i'm an idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Sorry to bump an old thread but i've the same issue. I've no jail breaks installed, normal IOS10.3.2

My old ipod goes way loader on my plug in speaker. the new iphone goes to about half way - driving me mad. no volume restriction set in settings.. help!!

M0hpWSP.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did you purchase your old iPod abroad by any chance? EU-sold iPhones and iPods are volume capped. They only go slightly louder than normal listening volume. Where as US-sold devices go way louder.

Advertisement