Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Saturday Night Show - 25th. April 2015

12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Una is a sound person. Here's herself and Ben a few years ago. Banging out a tune and Una showing her Irish pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!

Just off the A55, near Llandudno.

My cat's breath smells like cat food. :o:o:D:D:);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Anyone having this Irish Pictorial Weekly?

Making me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Anyone having this Irish Pictorial Weekly?

Making me laugh

I'm watching it too, never paid much attention to it before but I'm laughing out loud here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I'm watching it too, never paid much attention to it before but I'm laughing out loud here

Dirty Harry - Sudden Impact now starting on TG4 will do me now for the rest of the night.

Night!:)

Skid X wrote: »
    HTV** had a 4 part programme about their history recently with Arfon Haines Davies, lovely stuff

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2014-05-27/thanks-for-watching-the-htv-years-episode-1/

** #HTVforever !!

Here's what LWT did on the final day of the regional identities in England and Wales.

None of the others made quite as big an effort to say farewell - probably no surprise considering that they were all using the spinning hearts idents or the Carlton star idents (or, in HTV's case, a hybrid of the two), whereas LWT preferred to use their own idents featuring a video wall (seen at the start of the third video).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Indeed it did - she was fast approaching 30 when she released her first album, Eye to the Telescope.

Here's one of the more haunting songs from that album:

I got carried away looking at the other videos on there as well, so many!

That is one of my favourites & so is this one:

But this was her big break on Jools:

& sometimes you make your own luck, as someone pulled out & she took the place & the rest is music ;)

We've only brought up songs from Eye to the Telescope so far, so here's one from Drastic Fantastic... :D:);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I liked hectors previous work but I lost a bit of respect for him with his latest venture into the health and fitness industry.

Not only did he come across totally clueless about training and fitness in general, he clearly showed he's only interested in milking the cash cow hence jumping on the bandwagon, no matter how much he tried to hide it.

The chap and no offence intended doesn't look in any great shape at all to be dishing out advice, I wonder does he even have any qualifications ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Did I just see a stage hand following the camera guy prompting everyone to clap?

The APPLAUSE sign must be on the blink!

I was in the audience on Saturday night and the answer is... yes! :pac: No applause signs, he prompted us throughout the show, though we didn't always need prompting. We're not complete gobdaws. :pac: I'm only about 50% gobdaw myself. :pac::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Which nation was Hector entertaining?

Rockall :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

More like F**kall

We've only brought up songs from Eye to the Telescope so far, so here's one from Drastic Fantastic... :D:);)

It looks like that 3yr gap may take a bit more, as she's taken a break from music & concentrating on animation (soundtracks) for the moment after her dad passing away & her marriage breakup from her drummer husband during album :(

Here is an interview in Rolling Stone mag

Interesting back story on the follow up albums to Eye of the Telescope in
    The Scotsman

Here she is on Jools Holland from the last album

Here's what LWT did on the final day of the regional identities in England and Wales.

None of the others made quite as big an effort to say farewell - probably no surprise considering that they were all using the spinning hearts idents or the Carlton star idents (or, in HTV's case, a hybrid of the two), whereas LWT preferred to use their own idents featuring a video wall (seen at the start of the third video).

Those LWT ID's certainly brings it back,as the last time i saw those were when Spitting Image was on Sun nites & Hale & Pace followed & Auf Wiedersehen Pet on Tues & Thurs, aah! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I got this far and stopped
    Hector, whose show was doing extremely well, on 2FM ...

Hector's Breakfast programme had terrible ratings.

It had fewer listeners than any of it's predecessors, and they were all axed because no-one was listening.

Just because he gained a handful of listeners in his last JNLR book (which still left him miles behind what would be considered respectable) doesn't make his show a success.

Having said that, he was still better than Breakfast Republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Skid X wrote: »
    Hector's Breakfast programme had terrible ratings.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. He said it was doing "really well" but surely if that the case, it wouldn't have been axed?

I can envisage Hector being very grating on the radio. DJs have to do loads of talking, 'tis the nature of the beast, and that seems like way too much Hector to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Hector peddling backwards.....

Might shut him up for a while..........................................yeah...........Mouth, brain engage..........

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/it-was-a-moment-of-madness-hector-heochagin-apologises-to-miriam-ocallaghan-for-saying-she-talks-s-31181801.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

So there I was last nite, having had a few glasses of the Chardonnay, feeling a bit sleepy and I said to myself "I'll have an early night".... So I kneeled down beside my bed in my A-Team pyjamas, said my three Hail Mary's, then pulled the covers over my head.

And then the thought entered my head... "I wonder would I be able to get a stream for the fight online" just to soak up a small bit of the atmosphere before I go to sleep... So in about 20 seconds I had a stream, and there was one of the undercard fights... My next memory is of (ring announcer) Bruce Buffer roaring the house down, and waking me up at 4.45am, as the fighters were going to the ring..

So I said "well, I have to stay up and watch it now".. And lying there I lost rounds 2,4,5,6,8,10, and 11.... to SLEEP...The rounds that I did see were very cagey and pretty boring.. And here I am now six hours later and I'm b*ll*xed tired.... :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Ah poor CH.

He was so tired after his Hail Mary's he posted on the wrong SNS thread.

Three Our Fathers and a Glory Bee Jonathan!!....

*and get your ticket for the races, I'll squeeze into the "Fascination" dress for the lols!! :)

Advertisement