Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Watering system for balcony plants?

Options
  • 25-04-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Can anyone recommend a watering system for balcony plants? I want to be able to go away for a few days without having to ask someone to come in to water while I'm gone.

I was looking at the Claber oasis system but I think it's for indoor use. Something similar would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

alton wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a watering system for balcony plants? I want to be able to go away for a few days without having to ask someone to come in to water while I'm gone.

I was looking at the Claber oasis system but I think it's for indoor use. Something similar would be great.

Have you a link to that system?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 alton

http://www.amazon.com/Claber-8053-4-Programs-Automatic-Watering/dp/B000U5YFR4

This one. Actually now that I look at it, it does have Garden in the name, which suggests it is for outdoor use, but in the description it says "ideal for indoor use" - perhaps they are just saying it can be used for both?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

In the questions at the bottom of the link it says that it's not recommended for outdoor use but the person said they did a DIY cover up of it. So might work!

Hadn't seen the questions,I might give that a go...

If anyone knows of any other options for outdoor use I'd be interested to hear...

And thanks LK for pointing it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

How about something cheap and easy like a watering spike? I have bottle top watering spikes that take a plastic bottle full of water and last around 2 weeks out on my balcony.

Advertisement