Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight loss muscle gain

• 25-04-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm trying to bulk up as in turn day to muscle I'm currently about 12 stone. I'm not fat or anything but i want to gain some muscle before I go away for the summer. So I've 8 weeks. I do play sports but I also eat a lot of crap. So I'm going to cut out the crap hopefully. And try work out more.
    Also I'm considering whey protein. When are the best time to take protein to achieve what I'm looking for. I'm not expecting miracles in such a short time but some kind of result would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Kid94 wrote: »
    I'm trying to bulk up as in turn day to muscle I'm currently about 12 stone. I'm not fat or anything but i want to gain some muscle before I go away for the summer. So I've 8 weeks. I do play sports but I also eat a lot of crap. So I'm going to cut out the crap hopefully. And try work out more.
    Also I'm considering whey protein. When are the best time to take protein to achieve what I'm looking for. I'm not expecting miracles in such a short time but some kind of result would be great

8 weeks is nothing, don't expect to make any changes to your physique in that space of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

8 weeks is nothing, don't expect to make any changes to your physique in that space of time.

That's a bit of a defeatist attitude. And kinda lazy imo.

In 8 weeks he could probably put on 4kg as a beginner.
    76kg to 80kg is not an insignificant change. In 8 weeks he could also get significantly leaner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Mellor wrote: »
    That's a bit of a defeatist attitude. And kinda lazy imo.

In 8 weeks he could probably put on 4kg as a beginner.
    76kg to 80kg is not an insignificant change. In 8 weeks he could also get significantly leaner.

He could get quite leaner yes, but his goal is to make gains, and in the greater scheme of things, 8 weeks is very little time.

It may sound lazy or defeatist, but I'm only saving the OP the burden of expecting any real gains to be made in that space of time. He might gain 4kgs, probably a bit of fat with it too, but overall he won't look too much different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He could get quite leaner yes, but his goal is to make gains, and in the greater scheme of things, 8 weeks is very little time.

It may sound lazy or defeatist, but I'm only saving the OP the burden of expecting any real gains to be made in that space of time. He might gain 4kgs, probably a bit of fat with it too, but overall he won't look too much different.
    In terms of reaching his ideal, 8 weeks isn't enough.
    But adding 4kg, of mostly muscle (for a beginner) is not nothing.

Saying that you can't make any changes in 8 weeks is wrong, imo.
    Might be the case if you aren't willing to work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

If op is serious about it, follows a proper diet and exercise programme then 8weeks is definitely enough time to see a difference. No point discouraging someone who wants to make a change.
    Go for it op and good luck!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement