Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies road bike - trek v giant

• 26-04-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I am currently looking into buying an entry level ladies road bike and narrowed the choice to trek Lexa sl 2015 and the giant avail 1 2015 . I'll be using the bike for sportives, leisure cycles and charity events and the an post events (100 to 180k) and weekend spins . What is the best value for money ? Many thanks in advance!

Post new comment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

neerb wrote: »
    I am currently looking into buying an entry level ladies road bike and narrowed the choice to trek Lexa sl 2015 and the giant avail 1 2015 . I'll be using the bike for sportives, leisure cycles and charity events and the an post events (100 to 180k) and weekend spins . What is the best value for money ? Many thanks in advance!

Post new comment

They are both fine. Whichever you like better and enjoy more and fits best is the one to get. You can look at the men's bikes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

The Giant has the Shimano 105 22 speed gears which would be seen as slightly better than the Tiagra on the Trek. For that reason I would buy the Giant. Then of course I would get rid of the crappy stock wheels on the Giant.

Welcome to the simple cheap world of cycling:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭neerb

Thanks for that . I have been lead to believe that the trek has a better frame and the wheels are also better ab this will give me a more comfortable ride ?
    veetwin wrote: »
    The Giant has the Shimano 105 22 speed gears which would be seen as slightly better than the Tiagra on the Trek. For that reason I would buy the Giant. Then of course I would get rid of the crappy stock wheels on the Giant.

Welcome to the simple cheap world of cycling:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭neerb

Thanks for this. I am getting the bike on the cycle to work scheme so would need to check the bike is sold here as well . I had rules out carbon as I thought they were much more expensive

• Advertisement
Advertisement