Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Mechanic/ Restoration

Options
  • 26-04-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I am looking to get into becoming a car mechanic/restorer for a living. I am currently filling in my CAO (again) after dropping out of TCD, but don't know how to go about getting into the industry. I have limited experience, but a huge will to learn. Any advice would be brilliant. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Dano1044 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking to get into becoming a car mechanic/restorer for a living. I am currently filling in my CAO (again) after dropping out of TCD, but don't know how to go about getting into the industry. I have limited experience, but a huge will to learn. Any advice would be brilliant. Cheers.

You need to go around garages and get a apprenticeship. Have a look on the solas website.
    It's very difficult to get one. Might be worth starting a resto project to learn the basics so you can have something to show and talk about when asking around.

Advertisement