Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PFA Team of the Year

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »
    Would he even get in to the Chelsea, Arsenal or Manchester City sides playing the same position? Each of those sides seem pretty set in that position.

Probably not. Chelsea maybe his best bet but I don't think he is any better than Oscar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Fonte/Fabregas in for Cahill and Countinho only changes I'd make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

interesting that if it was voted for now De Gea wouldn't get anywhere the team with all the mistakes and soft goals he has been conceding.

Cahil shouldn't be there too, every time Chelsea concede it's usually a mistake by him.

Coutinho ?!? couldn't even get into the Liverpool team pre Christmas. Regularly goes missing for large chunks of minutes during a game.

Maybe Aguero over coutinho in a 433. fonte for cahil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kirby wrote: »
    Tactical block voting. like the eurovision. or survivor. :P Terry told them all who to vote for.

I feelz you've reached this conclusion based on the fact that Terry had voted Coutinho in.
    Bit daft!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The voting for the PFA team should be held later in the year.
    Agree that Cahill shouldn't be there and although I can see why other fans don't want Coutinho there I'm happy he is.

Such a pity that early voting has cost 'Golden Gloves Mignolet' his place on the PFA list

Agree that Cahill shouldn't be there and although I can see why other fans don't want Coutinho there I'm happy he is.

It's not that other fans don't 'want' him there, he just quite simply doesn't deserve to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

niallo27 wrote: »
    Coutinho is a super little player. Maybe shouldn't have got in but not that far away as people are saying. If you watched him every week you would understand.

I watch him every week and he has no business in a team of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I watch him every week and he has no business in a team of the season.

Not sure I agree with you there.

If your argument is based on him being avergae at the start of the season then fair enough although few players maintain superb form all year.

I watch him week in and week out and think people are vastly underrating him (amazing how this goes in swing and roundabouts) - maybe not to the extent that he should have been in the TOTS (then again I'm not a professional and they PLAY against him week in and week out).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

noodler wrote: »
    Not sure I agree with you there.

If your argument is based on him being avergae at the start of the season then fair enough although few players maintain superb form all year.

I watch him week in and week out and think people are vastly underrating him (amazing how this goes in swing and roundabouts) - maybe not to the extent that he should have been in the TOTS (then again I'm not a professional and they PLAY against him week in and week out).

My argument is mostly based on the fact that he wouldn't be a starter for any of the four teams ahead of his team in the league and, as such, it's difficult to understand how he can be currently in a league 'best XI'. That's all.

He is a technically gifted player with a lot of flair and that all makes him fun to watch. So what.

Well it's a best performing player in that position award.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The voting for the PFA team should be held later in the year.

Such a pity that early voting has cost 'Golden Gloves Mignolet' his place on the PFA list

Agree about the voting, should be held towards the end of the year and the awards handed out after the last game of the year.

Foster and Courtois could still catch Mignolet for golden glove but nobody other than De Gea deserves to start on goal for his early season heroics and gaining utd huge points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    My argument is mostly based on the fact that he wouldn't be a starter for any of the four teams ahead of his team in the league and, as such, it's difficult to understand how he can be currently in a league 'best XI'. That's all.

He is a technically gifted player with a lot of flair and that all makes him fun to watch. So what.

He would start at United and possibly City.

His output is poor in comparisons to others due to the quality in front of him at Liverpool this but his attitude/work rate has vastly improved. Everything good that Liverpool do goes through him.
    He's a real handful to play against too which is why his peers have voted for him, his best game was against Manchester City this season and he tormented them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

rob316 wrote: »

His output is poor in comparisons to others due to the quality in front of him at Liverpool this but his attitude/work rate has vastly improved. Everything good that Liverpool do goes through him.
    He's a real handful to play against too which is why his peers have voted for him, his best game was against Manchester City this season and he tormented them.
    He's not better than Juan Mata, and if you're saying he'd play at City ahead of David Silva you're raving mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

rob316 wrote: »

Yep, he's definitely better than Mata, Rooney, Silva, Fellaini, Di Maria, Toure and Herrera who've played in his position this season. Would definitely start in front of all of them.

Liam O wrote: »
    Yep, he's definitely better than Mata, Rooney, Silva, Fellaini, Di Maria, Toure and Herrera who've played in his position this season. Would definitely start in front of all of them.

Nasri, milner?

And he's been better than Herrera easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liam O wrote: »

He probably would play for city instead of Navas or Nasri. Way too early to judge Herrera and I think most teams would prefer coutinho over fellani as an attacking player.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Nasri, milner?

Both normally play on wings. Silva is the man main. Coutinho wouldn't' start ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

Utterly farcical awards that are given out before the end of the season.

And that's before you get to the selection.

Advertisement