Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused and worried about Health Insurance

Options
  • 26-04-2015 12:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I will be honest in saying that I have thought that Health Insurance is the biggest waste of money in the world. However with this new community rating coming out and my father warning me of what would happen if I did not keep insurance up and had a major health problem I have started to get worried...:confused:

I am with VHI, have not paid my Direct Debit with them over the last few months after a dispute over a refund on was due. I do not trust them and feel they will not be of help to me in the future despite all the money paid in over the few years. Can I switch to another company ie Laya mid-way through a one year contract? What would people's advise for me be?

I feel that I am like a lot of people. I am very healthy now and have put this on the long-finger but with April 30th coming down the road I am really confused on what to do..Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

micromary wrote: »
    I will be honest in saying that I have thought that Health Insurance is the biggest waste of money in the world. However with this new community rating coming out and my father warning me of what would happen if I did not keep insurance up and had a major health problem I have started to get worried...:confused:

I am with VHI, have not paid my Direct Debit with them over the last few months after a dispute over a refund on was due. I do not trust them and feel they will not be of help to me in the future despite all the money paid in over the few years. Can I switch to another company ie Laya mid-way through a one year contract? What would people's advise for me be?

I feel that I am like a lot of people. I am very healthy now and have put this on the long-finger but with April 30th coming down the road I am really confused on what to do..Cheers

It's possible chi have cancelled your policy due to your non payment. If they have and you've had no health insurance for a certain amount of time since you'd have to start completely from fresh with a new policy subject to qualifying periods
    if not you can switch chi may charge you to cancel your policy thoigh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Thanks for replying!

Advertisement