Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus xonar essence stx - no sound output

Options
  • 26-04-2015 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I recently replaced my mobo and it seems to have fixed things. Since replacing the mobo with asrock z77 pro4 my xonar essence stx no longer outputs sound.

I've updated all the system and windows drivers

The sound card sees sound, but regardless of the options I choose I can't hear any sound. I have AKG K702 headphones and they work fine,they were working with this card before

http://goo.gl/MzZgMn

It really frustrating, so any help would be appreciated. Onboard sound is no longer listed since installing xonar software so i've no sound on machine at the moment

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Are you plugging the headphones into the Xonar directly at the back of the machine? Or via an intermediary such as front-panel/case ports or a breakout panel sitting in a drive bay? First thing to suspect in the case of the latter is a loose/missing/damaged audio header cable, they're often a great candidate for mucking you around after a case or mobo replacement...

Other than that, I would suspect either Windows of misconfiguring audio output to the wrong physical port or the Xonar software misdirecting it before I would start to think of more serious issues. I've had that issue with just onboard audio before :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

I have a Xonar D1.

The odd cold boot and I need to disable the card and then re-enable the card in device manager before it will output sound.

Give that a go.

Advertisement