Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public sector pay increase

1293031323335»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

stimpson wrote: »
    Funnily enough I'm sitting in the Mater just now. 2 receptionists at radiology just having a chat. Brought down to X-ray and there's another 2 receptionists having the craic.

It's a hard life they have...

Could be interns, jobsbridge, transition year students. Isn't there less than 20% of penpushers employed in the hospitals. In our place there are new people starting almost on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

And now the INTO recommend we accept this new agreement....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Indeed not. Perhaps if the HSE wasn't overstaffed with chair moisteners then there might be a few bob left over to hire more radiologists and nurses without coming cap in hand to the tax payer.
    Hahaha. You don't know much about HSE pay structures if you think you could swap a receptionist for a consultant radiologist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I don't work in the area but I don't think for one minute those working at ground level in the HSE are overpaid. I think each of them, down to the cleaners, secretaries etc work very hard. I happen to think consultants are extremely well paid, but then, they do study for a long long time and make many sacrifices both whilst studying and at work. Even GPs who might be perceived as having it 'easy' are often on call out of hours etc. I think if we want to have a good health system, we need to pay. The trouble is, the resources are already pushed to the max and staff cannot cope with the demands that are being made of them so it probably looks like they are not working 100% or whatever. 99% of the staff work to their full (from my experience) and it shouldn't turn into a witch hunt and create pressure on them in search of the remaining 1%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Hahaha. You don't know much about HSE pay structures if you think you could swap a receptionist for a consultant radiologist...

You're right. Let's hire 3 unnecessary receptionists instead. Sure they're cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

You're right. Let's hire 3 unnecessary receptionists instead. Sure they're cheap.
    You were on a hospital ward with 4 receptionists? Was is opthamology or what you were in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    You were on a hospital ward with 4 receptionists? Was is opthamology or what you were in?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95743643&postcount=1687

Advertisement