Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub in loughrea

Options
  • 26-04-2015 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Interested in finding out about a certain establishment in loughrea. A bar/restaurant owned for a long time by the Silver family. James Silver listed as a publican in 1870 and indeed right up to at least 1911 his daughters continued to run it. A son pat lived in America but never returned.

I believe it came to a family named Kelly. Not sure if this was through marriage?

Anyone know if it remains in any shape or form? I think it was on the Athenry road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.britisles.ireland.gal.general/7836.1/mb.ashx

or was the original question on boards.ancestry.com from you as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

Hi thanks for that...however I have all that info. My query is whether the pub still exists and if so who owns it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

There's a page/group (not sure which) on facebook called Loughrea Memories.... search for it. I'm sure someone on it will know the answer for you ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Interested in finding out about a certain establishment in loughrea. A bar/restaurant owned for a long time by the Silver family. James Silver listed as a publican in 1870 and indeed right up to at least 1911 his daughters continued to run it. A son pat lived in America but never returned.

I believe it came to a family named Kelly. Not sure if this was through marriage?

Anyone know if it remains in any shape or form? I think it was on the Athenry road.

Mai and Tunnel Kelly owned a pub at the west bridge for years. The building is still there today but now trading as a solicitors office / law firm

Advertisement