Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens spc small problem

Options
  • 26-04-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I have the siemens spc alarm about 15 months now. This week, door contact was showing to be acting up and the alarm was "force set". This was done a few times and the contact was inhibited each time, which is a bit of an issue, because the room in question has no pir sensor.

Then after a couple of days, the alarm was setting as normal, but the sensor has triggered the alarm on a couple of occasions. Twice in yhe early hours of the morning and again, today when we were all out, I forgot to disable that sensor. At first, i thought it could be a battery issue, but I am not sure now since the alarm has been set properly, without forcing. How can I check this and should I get a service call instead? I don't want to have the family woken up again with this fault, so for now, I am reluctantly disabling that contact.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this zone wired or wireless?
    Is there any other devices on this zone.?
    It sounds like a faulty device. If there are other devices on that zone you would need to check the resistance on that whole zone to find the problem.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this zone wired or wireless?
    Is there any other devices on this zone.?
    It sounds like a faulty device. If there are other devices on that zone you would need to check the resistance on that whole zone to find the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Wireless zone KK.
    I'm pretty certain its on its own zone.

Then its more than likely the device itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Its a window contact at fault. I Thought it was the door contact. Its strange, because I Could probably count on one hand the amount of times the kitchen window was opened since the alarm was installed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement